Hidden Keys: Missouri

Missouri has been the better program since they entered the SEC in 2012. Keep down playing them but they have won 35 SEC games since joining and Tennessee has only won 25. 10 years and trailing them by 10 wins.

All the talk about how bad other programs are doesn't make this Tennessee program better.
Really.....who knew.🙄
Looked at that packed stadium

Good morning Vol Fans!!

Looking for Hidden Keys against Missouri. I am still, after how ever many years, still annoyed by their presence in the SEC. They don't belong. They are forgettable. I don't like them. Their fans sit on grass.

Keys:

1) Time of Possession. We haven't beaten anyone in TOP this year. Both of these teams love to move quick and I think winning the TOP in this game is important because we saw what a 4th quarter defense looks like last week when our D is on the field for too long. To win TOP we need to...

2) Run the ball. This isn't so hidden. Everyone has been talking about it this week. But, I think we need to run the ball with a change of pace in getting to the line of scrimmage. I would love to see us go fast, but also slow it down a bit. I remember Coach Cut would do this years ago. He would hurry up to the line, get the D-Line set, and make them hold for 20-25 seconds. So, mix up the pace, keep them tired, run the darn ball.

3) Get a little swag back. Play angry on D. I think our D-Line is the difference in this game. I expect a busy back field today and 5 sacks.

What you got?

2 and 3 are likely as we win big. 1? I don't see it, but maybe we can run the clock after getting a big lead. That would be sweet.

I agree Mizzou does not belong. I called them vandy light.
The fact they've kicked our azz really burns me.
Go Vols, skin the kitties

Nah, come on. They have been to the SECG twice. Not Vandy at all, but a resectable mid tier SEC team. I know they won the East when all of UT, UF and Uga were down, but still, Vandy has not even sniffed the SECG.

I say this because if we win today, it's a lot more meaningful than beating Vandy. That will always be true, but is particularly true this year when Vandy is as bad as they have ever been.

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I am here for my crow sammich! Extra large, with a double-dose of told-ya-so.

Don't bother toasting it, I'll eat that sucker raw.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: gnm53108

VN Store

Back