Hey Vols, just droppin' by.

...The expressions you guys put on his face by dominating the line of scrimmage both ways were absolutely priceless... ....

Priceless was the expression on his face when the LSU players ruffled his hair last night. :)

if the two of you could just get a room and get this over with, we could get back to the guys potentially coming to UT to help.

BPV, if you have an intelligent question to ask the man, why not post it?

I'm fine with the UM coaches. HV's potential staff looks great to me as well. Then, again, they would come as the result of CPF"s work--which I already trusted.

I came across your board and figured I'd chime in with my 2 cents on Loeffler/DeBord. DeBord is an OK OC, he runs the ball A LOT. He often plays very conservative and can really frustrate you. But he's an outstanding TE/WR's coach, he'd be a huge asset in recruiting too.

Loeffler, BIG BIG hire for your program, this guy is AWESOME. I am extremely disappointed that Rich Rodriguez didn't re-hire him, but it's obvious that Loeffler's recruiting style is much different from Rod's style, so I kinda figured he wouldn't be kept. Loeffler's biggest asset is his recruiting, he'll bring great QB's, highly touted national prospects that are big, tall and throw the ball. Mallett, if he transfers is a kid you all would love. He can throw the ball 70 yards from his KNEES.

All in all, I think you'd like both of those guys. I know the recent slide against Ohio State looks kind of bad, but remember this:

Lloyd Carr and his staff went 5-1 against the SEC in bowl games since 1998, the only loss was the thumping your boys put on us. Carr's staff raked up 2 wins over Florida, wins over Auburn, Alabama and Arky. Those guys are good coaches. The problem has been that the style of play has changed in the SEC and PAC-10, offenses and defenses are getting slimmer and quicker wheras in the Big 10 we mostly rely on the big bruisers still. Since Rodriguez is here now I venture to say Michigan will also be on par with the speedier teams in those conferences soon, thanks for letting me post on your board as I have a GREAT respect for Tennessee football.

While you're here (recently breaking story)...

TheWolverine.com - Audio: Rodriguez confirms departures

Any idea if Mallet will possibly follow Loeffler?

I was talking about this part:

Loeffler's biggest asset is his recruiting, he'll bring great QB's, highly touted national prospects that are big, tall and throw the ball. Mallett, if he transfers is a kid you all would love. He can throw the ball 70 yards from his KNEES.

What?

It says nothing about Mallet following Loeffler. :ermm:

Neither does the audio.

I think the point is that Wolverine suggested that we would like Mallet if he transferred here. He suggested that he could transfer ... but didn't go any further. It seemed pretty clear that he had no concrete information about the issue, but does believe he could leave.

I was talking about this part:

Loeffler's biggest asset is his recruiting, he'll bring great QB's, highly touted national prospects that are big, tall and throw the ball. Mallett, if he transfers is a kid you all would love. He can throw the ball 70 yards from his KNEES.

I read that also.

There's no word yet on where he's going to transfer to. Just wondering if he had any info or heard anything more about where he could end up or if he will actually follow Loeffler.

:ermm:

I read that also.

There's no word yet on where he's going to transfer to. Just wondering if he had any info or heard anything more about where he could end up or if he will actually follow Loeffler.

Ok. Just wondering.

I came across your board and figured I'd chime in with my 2 cents on Loeffler/DeBord. DeBord is an OK OC, he runs the ball A LOT. He often plays very conservative and can really frustrate you. But he's an outstanding TE/WR's coach, he'd be a huge asset in recruiting too.

Loeffler, BIG BIG hire for your program, this guy is AWESOME. I am extremely disappointed that Rich Rodriguez didn't re-hire him, but it's obvious that Loeffler's recruiting style is much different from Rod's style, so I kinda figured he wouldn't be kept. Loeffler's biggest asset is his recruiting, he'll bring great QB's, highly touted national prospects that are big, tall and throw the ball. Mallett, if he transfers is a kid you all would love. He can throw the ball 70 yards from his KNEES.

All in all, I think you'd like both of those guys. I know the recent slide against Ohio State looks kind of bad, but remember this:

Lloyd Carr and his staff went 5-1 against the SEC in bowl games since 1998, the only loss was the thumping your boys put on us. Carr's staff raked up 2 wins over Florida, wins over Auburn, Alabama and Arky. Those guys are good coaches. The problem has been that the style of play has changed in the SEC and PAC-10, offenses and defenses are getting slimmer and quicker wheras in the Big 10 we mostly rely on the big bruisers still. Since Rodriguez is here now I venture to say Michigan will also be on par with the speedier teams in those conferences soon, thanks for letting me post on your board as I have a GREAT respect for Tennessee football.
Do you currently live in Michigan? My wife is from there. I have converted her over to the Big Orange but not anyone else. As I told my big blue brother in law the other day, I thought Michigan had a chance to win it all this year but injuries stopped that. He , my brother in law,owes me a victory dinner over UT's victory and I owe him one for Michigan's bowl victory. Next stop (maybe) Brady(UM) vs Manning (UT) again. Good luck to you guys next year and beat OSU! Nice win over UF this year.

This is the rumor flying around in Michigan FWIW

" fans are saying that Rodriguez has stated that Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington are leaving the team."

I read that also.

I assumed that if he was going to go to all the trouble to come join the site and post that much about the coaches AND mention Mallet possibly transferring, that he would actually say something if he knew anything or had heard anything. But, I suppose asking again doesn't hurt.

Do you currently live in Michigan? My wife is from there. I have converted her over to the Big Orange but not anyone else. As I told my big blue brother in law the other day, I thought Michigan had a chance to win it all this year but injuries stopped that. He , my brother in law,owes me a victory dinner over UT's victory and I owe him one for Michigan's bowl victory. Next stop (maybe) Brady(UM) vs Manning (UT) again. Good luck to you guys next year and beat OSU! Nice win over UF this year.
which injuries hurt their chances against App St?

VN Store

Back