Hey Mr. Fulmer

I believe what's going to happen is Holly will finish out the season and then "voluntarily" step down. This has to be handled the right way. Holly was picked by Pat to be her successor, she is still a VFL, and her jersey hangs in that arena. Fulmer is not going to unceremoniously fire one of our own mid season. He knows all too well what that is like.
And it'll likely end the same way. No postseason play.

Reactions: T.J.
And it'll likely end the same way. No postseason play.

This still needs to be handled the right way. I don't want to see another Fulmer situation in the way he was forced out. We're not going to beat the upper echelon teams right now anyway. I'd rather this get handled correctly and go out and get the best coach possible. Am I saying this season is a "punt?" Yeah, I guess I am.

In true Tennessee fashion the AD did give her an extension before having to fire her. How anyone could not see this coming is beyond me.

I've been seeing this coming for like 4 years now. How Phil didn't is really stunning. I really liked his hire as AD but I see his over-loyalty is probably going to be a problem for him as AD just as it was as HC.

Actually, I pay more attention than most since I read beyond the narrative the UTAD put out there for extending Holly's contract. While the buyout is lower after this season than last, if you add up the amount of the buyout after this season plus what we paid Holly for this season, it is much less than what we would have paid her if we fired her after last year. This does not even factor in any reductions in revenue due to lower ticket sales, etc. What does it say about the UTAD that they have so little faith in a coach they have to redo their deal AND sacrifice another season just to save a couple hundred thousand upfront.....

Regarding Pruitt, the reasons you gave are the same ones that we heard after Year 1 of Dooley and Butch (except Butch's and Dooley's teams didn't quit the last 2 games of Year 1). Consider me skeptical until I see rock solid tangible proof.

I think we handled it the right way..... Holly is a Lady Vol to the core..... she started ok.... recruiting slumped and she corrected it.... brought in back to back great classes... it was smart to give her this year to succeed or fail on her on merits.... we are loaded with talent and can now move on and hopefully hire the coach that can bring more championships to the hill.

As for football.... anyone that thought Dooley was the answer was kidding themselves.... butch looked promising in years one and two but proved to be as fake as can be...Pruitt is a football guy and I couldn’t be happier we have him.

So if you win the NIT, can you say "WE'RE NUMBER 65"...

GO VOLS!!!!

Please think about the Women's Basketball fans and our feelings when it comes to the Lady Vols. We have supported and helped build the dynasty that is Tennessee and this is the lowest of the low. Please fulfill your promises as the director and direct holly out of knoxville. Thank you for your attention

From,

An Ex Fan originally of the 1995-2000 Lady Vol era
Since you’re an ex fan you can GTFO.

Either you are or you’re not!
🍊🍊🍊

Reactions: T_Vol376
Please think about the Women's Basketball fans and our feelings when it comes to the Lady Vols. We have supported and helped build the dynasty that is Tennessee and this is the lowest of the low. Please fulfill your promises as the director and direct holly out of knoxville. Thank you for your attention

From,

An Ex Fan originally of the 1995-2000 Lady Vol era

If you are an EX FAN, why are you posting in the Lady Vols forum?

Reactions: T_Vol376
Did we not blow a big lead on short-handed Notre Dame last year? Maybe Fulmer can prepare our LADY VOLS!

Tennessee had MR and Nared, and ND didn't have Turner or a bench.

This game won't be close. They won't be able to control the boards the way they have against lesser teams.

Since you’re an ex fan you can GTFO.

Either you are or you’re not!
🍊🍊🍊

I have every right to be here just as much as you do. Ive been a fan for decades and supported this team my entire life. If you dont like the fact that im being honest about how i feel and where im at with this coach and admin then you can go to hell! Dont respond smh

I have every right to be here just as much as you do. Ive been a fan for decades and supported this team my entire life. If you dont like the fact that im being honest about how i feel and where im at with this coach and admin then you can go to hell! Dont respond smh
Don't mind you being honest but I was being honest also. If your not supporting UT 100% in every aspect then you not a true fan of UT. The term EX FAN says everything. You can't just support when things are good. You have to support when things are bad also. The last year has shown the entire athletic program is moving positively except Lady Vols. That will change soon also.

There is no such thing as an EX VOL FAN. Once you're a VOL always a VOL. #VFL
🍊🍊🍊 Go Vols!

"Pat would be proud of the effort tonight" ! Utterly delusional or hella disrespectful. You choose Mr. Fulmer?

1:00

Clear to see where she’s focusing the attention – losing by only small margins

“We’ve lost so many gamesssss, uhhm, in tight situations/I mean, we’ve lost games by 1, 2, 4 and …”

However, persons/fans should be continually reminding the HCoach – this team, with its All-Americans, should be WINNING these recently lost games (by small or grand margins) ... the missing piece, is likely head coaching.

Gotta be the right people to call for her job!
Gotta be the right people....the right people!!!!! LOL LOL LOL......the lady vols have the worst coach in women basketball....and you say the right people.........with all the great women basketball minds whom grat. from pat program and you say the right people.........pleaseeee tell me what are you talking about...the right people LOL LOL LOL

Gotta be the right people....the right people!!!!! LOL LOL LOL......the lady vols have the worst coach in women basketball....and you say the right people.........with all the great women basketball minds whom grat. from pat program and you say the right people.........pleaseeee tell me what are you talking about...the right people LOL LOL LOL

This how the football program got ran down into the ground......fulmer is at it again.....the good ole boy system...........alabama and georgia would never be so stupid!!

What I’m saying is, Fulmer won’t fire hire unless the big boosters want her gone!!! Period....

Still a lot to be determined concerning this season and Fulmer will definitely let this one play out. We'll see what he does if she doesn't make the tourney.

VN Store

Back