Hey Kentucky

If the Dawgs don't get over this injury bug, somebody (or somebodies) will. I'm glad some of our deep roster backups are getting the job done, but soon or later teams will be able to take advantage. And I love what Stetson Bennett has done, but I think we're gonna need JT Daniels back to have a chance at an SEC title.

Every week I keep expecting the WR and DB situations to cost a game, but so far we've been able to keep it together. Already lost Jalen Kimber for the season and lost two more starting DB's, Ameer Speed and Chris Smith, for the Auburn game. Ended up using walk-on Dan Jackson, perennial backup Poole, and Tykee Smith who's still recovering from a broken foot, in the secondary. At WR, Pickens, Burton, Smith, Rosemy, Blaylock, and Meeks were out for Auburn, which left us with two freshmen, Kearis Jackson with a bum knee, a walk-on, and a redshirt freshman with hands of stone. Ladd McConkey was the leading receiver and he was playing out of position.
You aint selling us that woe is me stuff here. You could walk deceased grandmas out there to cover in secondary because that front 7 is so stinking nasty no O-Line can hold em. No qb can have time to do anything.

You aint selling us that woe is me stuff here. You could walk deceased grandmas out there to cover in secondary because that front 7 is so stinking nasty no O-Line can hold em. No qb can have time to do anything.

I never trust what my eyes have seen at the halfway point of a season. Too many offenses or defenses look dominant, and then they have attrition or they play somebody really good, or both, and their weaknesses are revealed. Georgia is hurting in the secondary but we haven't faced a good passing team, so our backfield hasn't needed to play great football. That will change at some point between now and January. I hope some of these inexperienced youngsters improve quickly.

UGA is in the driver's seat.

How do the UGA supporters feel about the defense breaking down because of a mobile QB? If there is a weakness, it looks like the QB who can improvise off script is it.
Bo Nix and K.J. Jefferson are both pretty mobile and didn't have alot of success.

Bo Nix and K.J. Jefferson are both pretty mobile and didn't have alot of success.

I was pretty impressed with Nix. Georgia put him under a lot of pressure and he made a lot of really good passes. He put several throws perfectly in tight windows. Receivers let him down.

He's wrong about getting a bad break from the officiating though. If it wasn't for uncalled holding Georgia would've hammered him several more times. And Georgia would've scored another touchdown if not for a bad incomplete pass call at the one yard line.

Last edited:
I was pretty impressed with Nix. Georgia put him under a lot of pressure and he made a lot of really good passes. He put several throws perfectly in tight windows. Receivers let him down.

He's wrong about getting a bad break from the officiating though. If it wasn't for uncalled holding Georgia would've hammered him several more times. And Georgia would've scored another touchdown if not for a bad incomplete pass call at the one yard line.
That play in the end zone before the half would be called sometimes and sometimes not. Personally, I like officials who let the kids play.

Do the world a solid and beat the bat snot outta GA next week. We ain't there yet, and I'm sick of hearing about them. Beat GA and win the East. Make us proud.

And yes.. Vols like to live vicariously through their sons.
The last thing I want is Kentucky to get any better than they are now. Go Dawgs

Top 4 players at LSU are now out. Just like last year. They’ll be lucky to win another game.

VN Store

Back