Hey Kentucky

OP. As difficult as it is to get my head around your post (Kentucky???), I am swayed. Some will say, if we win out, Tennessee will knock down the Dawgs. Two good wins over Mizzou and USCe has many pumped, but we aren’t there yet. No way we run the gauntlet. Georgia can out recruit Kentucky down the stretch and in the long run, Kentucky winning east is a better alternative strategically going forward.

Hope we can sneak in an upset on one of these teams.

I can’t figure out if UK is greatly improved and coming together over the last 2 weeks or if LSU might somehow be one of the bottom 4 teams in the league. UK has gone from beating Scar, UTC and Mizzou by a combined 18 points to beating LSU by 3 TD’s. Also, 5 of their 6 games have come at home so far, including theoretically their 2 toughest in LSU and UF. I think they get brought down to earth with a thud next week in Athens.

I can’t figure out if UK is greatly improved and coming together over the last 2 weeks or if LSU might somehow be one of the bottom 4 teams in the league. UK has gone from beating Scar, UTC and Mizzou by a combined 18 points to beating LSU by 3 TD’s. Also, 5 of their 6 games have come at home so far, including theoretically their 2 toughest in LSU and UF. I think they get brought down to earth with a thud next week in Athens.

It’s already been known that the LSU players quit on Coach O.

LSU is garbage but UK is also a solid team that will take advantage of mistakes. We'll have to play well to win but they ain't the world beaters some make them out to be.

Kentucky ain’t beating Georgia

If the Dawgs don't get over this injury bug, somebody (or somebodies) will. I'm glad some of our deep roster backups are getting the job done, but soon or later teams will be able to take advantage. And I love what Stetson Bennett has done, but I think we're gonna need JT Daniels back to have a chance at an SEC title.

Every week I keep expecting the WR and DB situations to cost a game, but so far we've been able to keep it together. Already lost Jalen Kimber for the season and lost two more starting DB's, Ameer Speed and Chris Smith, for the Auburn game. Ended up using walk-on Dan Jackson, perennial backup Poole, and Tykee Smith who's still recovering from a broken foot, in the secondary. At WR, Pickens, Burton, Smith, Rosemy, Blaylock, and Meeks were out for Auburn, which left us with two freshmen, Kearis Jackson with a bum knee, a walk-on, and a redshirt freshman with hands of stone. Ladd McConkey was the leading receiver and he was playing out of position.

Last edited:
If the Dawgs don't get over this injury bug, somebody (or somebodies) will. I'm glad some of our deep roster backups are getting the job done, but soon or later teams will be able to take advantage. And I love what Stetson Bennett has done, but I think we're gonna need JT Daniels back to have a chance at an SEC title.

Every week I keep expecting the WR and DB situations to cost a game, but so far we've been able to keep it together. Already lost Jalen Kimber for the season and lost two more starting DB's, Ameer Speed and Chris Smith, for the Auburn game. Ended up using walk-on Dan Jackson, perennial backup Poole, and Tykee Smith who's still recovering from a broken foot, in the secondary. At WR, Pickens, Burton, Smith, Rosemy, Blaylock, and Meeks were out for Auburn, which left us with two freshmen, Kearis Jackson with a bum knee, a walk-on, and a junior with hands of stone. Ladd McConkey was the leading receiver and he was playing out of position.
Georgia needs JT for the Florida game and SEC title game

Reactions: Plecoptera
Georgia needs JT for the Florida game and SEC title game

I agree, but he also needs some of those receivers to get healthy. To some extent, Bennett can loosen up a defense with his mobility. Daniels is a better passer and is very good at reading the defense and finding an open man, but he needs more guys who can get open and make a catch than we had available on Saturday.

I agree, but he also needs some of those receivers to get healthy. To some extent, Bennett can loosen up a defense with his mobility. Daniels is a better passer and is very good at reading the defense and finding an open man, but he needs more guys who can get open and make a catch than we had available on Saturday.
UGA is in the driver's seat.

How do the UGA supporters feel about the defense breaking down because of a mobile QB? If there is a weakness, it looks like the QB who can improvise off script is it.

How do the UGA supporters feel about the defense breaking down because of a mobile QB? If there is a weakness, it looks like the QB who can improvise off script is it.

I'm more worried about coverage of receivers by our secondary than I am a mobile qb. Too much inexperience and too little depth back there. If the secondary can do a decent job in coverage, I believe the defensive front is mobile enough to limit the damage from a mobile qb to an acceptable level.

How do the UGA supporters feel about the defense breaking down because of a mobile QB? If there is a weakness, it looks like the QB who can improvise off script is it.[/Q
Think alot of teams struggle with a quality mobile QB. Dawgs have had there share of problems--Tua, Hurts, Burrow come to mind of late. They were able to mostly handle Nix yesterday. Biggest difference this year is the depth of the front seven. A QB who can keep plays going with his legs will eventually find a man open against UGA DBs

VN Store

Back