Hey Danny

if im not mistaken I believe the black/gray uniform omissions was part of his contract. Someone said in a news conference that one of his first actions as AD would be to go through the known color wheel and advise which colors would be allowed in UT uniforms. Thanks for the thread bro 👍

Kamara-1.jpg

Idk I loved this helmet design

Look back at the history of uniforms. Black was once part of the colors.
Yes black was definitely part of our history but they will argue the fact that every school did to up to around 1920, my honest opinion is we should at least one rivalry game bring the black uniforms out to commemorate our early history as well!

Hey Danny,

You keep up with college football? WTF were you thinking? If you talked Nick Saban into coaching here with a lifetime contract paying $100 a year you'd get ripped to shreds. You won't make a decision during your entire Knoxville tenure that will be embraced by more than 1 of 10 people who call themselves fans. It's gonna be hard, probably a dumper fire, but here's a little advice:

1. Always mention Peyton Manning when you do a conference. Everyone thinks he won a National Championship.
2. Don't approach this as a rebuild. You get a pass for not winning it all next year as long as we are in the Championship game.
3. Do not try to hire a coach who hasn't won at least one National Championship AS AN SEC COACH.
4. It's ok to use folksy terms like "Aight" early in your tenure as long as you win. Otherwise we'll find little grammar slip-ups and make fun of you.
5. Do not ever reference academics or even acknowledge existence of such. This is a football school.
6. You'll find we are accepting of gangbangers as long as they perform well on the field, but do not even consider someone who was accused of something then later exonerated beyond any possible shadow of a doubt at multiple levels of any possibility of misdoing. You can use this to your advantage both in hiring a coach and supporting him afterwards.
7. Don't worry about wearing a mask. None of us understand how they work.
8. Some reporter is going what your top 3 challenges are as AD. Best for you too just feign disgust and say "Dude, I'm here to hire a football coach. The rest of this sh**show is going to have to find it's own way".

Anyhow, good luck with it.

Hey Danny,

You keep up with college football? WTF were you thinking? If you talked Nick Saban into coaching here with a lifetime contract paying $100 a year you'd get ripped to shreds. You won't make a decision during your entire Knoxville tenure that will be embraced by more than 1 of 10 people who call themselves fans. It's gonna be hard, probably a dumper fire, but here's a little advice:

1. Always mention Peyton Manning when you do a conference. Everyone thinks he won a National Championship.
2. Don't approach this as a rebuild. You get a pass for not winning it all next year as long as we are in the Championship game.
3. Do not try to hire a coach who hasn't won at least one National Championship AS AN SEC COACH.
4. It's ok to use folksy terms like "Aight" early in your tenure as long as you win. Otherwise we'll find little grammar slip-ups and make fun of you.
5. Do not ever reference academics or even acknowledge existence of such. This is a football school.
6. You'll find we are accepting of gangbangers as long as they perform well on the field, but do not even consider someone who was accused of something then later exonerated beyond any possible shadow of a doubt at multiple levels of any possibility of misdoing. You can use this to your advantage both in hiring a coach and supporting him afterwards.
7. Don't worry about wearing a mask. None of us understand how they work.
8. Some reporter is going what your top 3 challenges are as AD. Best for you too just feign disgust and say "Dude, I'm here to hire a football coach. The rest of this sh**show is going to have to find it's own way".

Anyhow, good luck with it.

So are you just a troll or really that mad Pruitt was canned? I think everyone’s expectations are reasonable with this hire. This thread is idiotic, but your little fit is just weird. It’s not even funny if you’re trolling.

So are you just a troll or really that mad Pruitt was canned? I think everyone’s expectations are reasonable with this hire. This thread is idiotic, but your little fit is just weird. It’s not even funny if you’re trolling.

Just a troll. Enjoyed the Pruitt era. Confident UT can repeat the debacle.

That said...find one untruth in my post.

Please keep that obnoxious black and gray out of our uniforms. Please don't mess with the best uniforms in the universe.

Has Freak considered adding a dislike button on here? I could’ve just hit it and moved on. Pretty sure Danny Boy’s leadership style is the exact opposite of this mindset. Some traditions are wonderful, if not considered sacred (like running through the T), and will remain untouchable. Danny is more aligned with the generational culture of today’s player, however, and will most certainly shake things up. That’s part of the reason he’s been so successful as an AD. Let’s watch him do his thing and enjoy the ride.

Btw, the black unis on Halloween were a huge hit, and all young VOL fans in our family LOVE the smoky grays. The helmets with the subtle outline of the Smoky Mountains are bad@ss. Those things matter to players. Regardless, get ready to see a huge change between AD Fulmer & White, and praise be for it.

Last edited:
Has Freak considered adding a dislike button on here? I could’ve just hit it and moved on. Pretty sure Danny Boy’s leadership style is the exact opposite of this mindset. Some traditions are wonderful, if not considered sacred (like running through the T) and will remain untouchable. Danny is more aligned with the generational culture of today’s player, however, and will most certainly shake things up. That’s part of the reason he’s been so successful as an AD. Let’s watch him do his thing and enjoy the ride. We finally have some hope and optimism, and here comes a color commentator. Maybe you forgot the blue front. If so, my bad.

Btw, the black unis on Halloween were a huge hit, and all young VOL fans in our family LOVE the smoky grays. The helmets with the subtle outline of the Smoky Mountains are bad@ss. Those things matter to players. Regardless, get ready to see a huge change between AD Fulmer & White, and praise be for it.
I'm a long time fan of UT, and I even agree that the uniforms were a hit and I saw a different feel from players and fans alike when they were worn, I do not get the whole I don't like them, they are not tradition aspect as in fact the black was worn before the orange, I believe its time to let our student athletes decide if they want to wear them, after all they are the ones who's on the field representing our great university, to say we won't is not giving them a voice, just my take and opinion on this subject

Never was an official color. Crap made up by Butch Jones.

Kiffin was the one who pulled out the black unis on Halloween night against South Carolina in Neyland. The players begged for it, were hyped, and thumped a 6-2, top 25, USCe team. Was a really fun game.

Reactions: norriscraftbasser
I actually liked the Smokey Grey uniforms. They had the Smokey Mountains in the helmet design. I remember whenever they wore them to honor the victims of the wildfires. Maybe they should be worn once a season to pay tribute to that?

Please keep that obnoxious black and gray out of our uniforms. Please don't mess with the best uniforms in the universe.
When he hires a Head Coach, I think he will allow him to make that decision with his players. I see no reason in creating an issue over the color of shirts or pants. AD White know how to communicate with coaches and players, as well as, the public. However, I fear there are posters on here who still want to destroy rather get the job done. Most of us an easily identify those posters.

I actually liked the Smokey Grey uniforms. They had the Smokey Mountains in the helmet design. I remember whenever they wore them to honor the victims of the wildfires. Maybe they should be worn once a season to pay tribute to that?
What I'm saying, once a year, even the black has a history to it, but most important what do the student athletes want? That's what matters

VN Store

Back