Hey Atreus21

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Is Saban's name going to come up for every head coaching job that opens up? It's really almost unbelievable how often you hear his name. I don't think he is going anywhere but people are talking about the Browns job.

I am not him but I do have several good friends, including two that I know who have family that work at LSU.

Saban will be offered a LOT by the Phins...much more then the Bears were willing to offer GM wise.

I am anxious

Originally posted by vol_freak@Dec 1, 2004 10:46 PM
Is Saban's name going to come up for every head coaching job that opens up? It's really almost unbelievable how often you hear his name. I don't think he is going anywhere but people are talking about the Browns job.

I've noticed how his name seems to pop up whenever a vacancy shows up. General consensus is that he's not going anywhere, due to the whole "highest paid in NCAA" stuff. But keep this in mind. When Chicago offered him the job, I think they were prepared to shell out 8 million a year, which, I think, is more than twice what he gets here.

I think he'll be at LSU for at least two more seasons. Here's hoping. If he can keep pulling 8, or even 7 wins a season, he'll never leave unless he wants to. Most of LSU remembers the last two years under Gerry Dinardo :furious3: (who was canned today, by the way.)

Chicago was not even going to offer him 4 mill from what I have heard....not sure where you get that amount from.

By the way, I almost gave my fellow Tiger fans heart attacks today at Tigerforums.com. What with all the firings going on, (Cutcliffe, Zook, Holtz, Willingham, etc.) I posted a thread named "SABAN FIRED!"

The views shot up to over 50 in the span of 5 seconds. Then it was summarily deleted.

That's about the only way to play a practical joke over the internet.

Originally posted by U-T@Dec 1, 2004 11:04 PM
Chicago was not even going to offer him 4 mill from what I have heard....not sure where you get that amount from.

Really? huh. Maybe my sources are wrong. Still, I'm pretty sure they were prepared to offer him more than LSU did.

Oh, I agree with you on that note, At. LSU is paying him 2.5 I think.....something around that number while Chicago was prepared to throw nearly 4 million his way.

Big hold up was power within the organization as many heads didn't want to let Saban control both team and other aspects.

Granted, he knew several guys within the Beats organization...many LSU fans point to that as a reason to say, "If he turns down his friends...he wont go anywhere" and I just don't buy it.

VN Store

Back