Heupel to be announced per 247

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amnesty? My man, I have owned my posts several times. Hell, look at my username.

I think it's hilarious that someone is digging it up years later. And then what the absolute hell is the last part of your post? This is such a bad analogy. Have you been smoking this morning?

Not a lot of digging required. Really more like low hanging fruit. Start about pg 190 and read for a while. Not questions but bold pronouncements of failure by our AD AND PREDICTIONS OF FAILURE BY OUR COACH.

The point is there’s really no reason to resurrect these old threads and bash everyone who was initially skeptical of the hire.

1. Don't click in them if you don't like it. Deep down if you really believed what you're saying, you wouldn't keep responding.
2. I'm not bashing "everyone initial skeptical of the hire." You either don't get it (still) or you're being purposely obtuse because you can't make your point w/out exaggerating.

1. Don't click in them if you don't like it. Deep down if you really believed what you're saying, you wouldn't keep responding.
2. I'm not bashing "everyone initial skeptical of the hire." You either don't get it (still) or you're being purposely obtuse because you can't make your point w/out exaggerating.

Honestly, I think you’re just angry and looking for reasons to argue with people. You’re aware that most of us are fans of the same team right? Nothing in my previous posts were disrespectful or rude toward you or any others. There’s really no reason to go on such tirades. But by all means, keep resurrecting old threads to get your own point across. You can “win” this one. I hope you find peace in it.

Also, care to elaborate on the bolded text? What do I “believe that I’m saying”? I said that I didn’t see the need to keep bashing people who were initially skeptical of Heupel as many of us were at the time. And I do believe that.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWright39
The point is there’s really no reason to resurrect these old threads and bash everyone who was initially skeptical of the hire.
Wilco is living vicariously through the football team. I get it, lots of people do it especially when their real life isn't that meaningful or exciting. Its a typical coping mechanism used by humans be it sports teams, their children, friends, work, etc, to experience things they themselves have not or will not. Most of us are guilty of it, some more than others. The "I told you so" pontification see recently in several out of no where 2 year old post bumps is just a projection of the bumpers own inadequacies. I'd wager 2 shekels they have had "I told you so" directed at them more than they have been able to reciprocate and this was their one head scratcher of a chance to reclaim some self confidence. The extreme desire to "expose" leads me to believe there is an interesting court injunction story here somewhere.

Wilco is living vicariously through the football team. I get it, lots of people do it especially when their real life isn't that meaningful or exciting. Its a typical coping mechanism used by humans be it sports teams, their children, friends, work, etc, to experience things they themselves have not or will not. Most of us are guilty of it, some more than others. The "I told you so" pontification see recently in several out of no where 2 year old post bumps is just a projection of the bumpers own inadequacies. I'd wager 2 shekels they have had "I told you so" directed at them more than they have been able to reciprocate and this was their one head scratcher of a chance to reclaim some self confidence. The extreme desire to "expose" leads me to believe there is an interesting court injunction story here somewhere.

Whoa! Reviving these actual posts is what it is. Show me the "I TOLD YOU SO" elements where anybody posted the alternative offering "GREAT HIRE" narratives for comparison. This is a be careful how you react to decisions and circumstances in a public forum because those reactions become a historical record and a part of your body of work, in this instance, as a VOL fan. This is NOT about what "I TOLD YOU" but an analysis of what "YOU TOLD ME", typically in absolute terms with a bit of arrogance implied. Accountability comes to mind. Yeah, I think the VOL world would be better off without these type reactions in the record and hope folks will cut back in the future when they see them exposed.

On a football field a player too often gets an unsportsmanlike call due to a lack of composure and it is not welcomed and not forgotten and is fair game for discussion at the water cooler or on these boards. So these folks are getting the post game treatment, nothing more and nothing less. BVS is not a justification for errant tirades, especially with the Post Reply button as an available fail safe to the act.

Definitely and I was one of them. But is going back into a 2 year old thread and calling people out any better?

A. Technically hasn't been 2 years yet.

B. The point (which is kinda obvious) was comparing the phenomenal results by CJH in just year 2 to the most Karenest of the Karen Negavol hot take reactions immediately at the time of the hire. "literally Butch Jones 2.0 - @ButchPlz " "foot in the door early; Fire Josh Heupel, - @FLVOL_79 " "at least fall Saturdays have opened up - @VolInNW " or @vegasvolfan declaring Butch Jones had a better resume and only good thing was it wasn't Sonny Dyes (2fer Win) Or their Queen @volgr with one fabulous take after another like "We tried to do worse with Dykes. Danny White is a clown. This is a dead hire. It has zero juice. Neyland will be lucky to ne half full. " & "This is as bad a hire as it gets. "

P.S. I really just started this as a quick chuckle at their expense and expected to move on, but their meltdown has been kind of Uh-Mazing. From the fragile soul who's written paragraphs to me at 4 am two days in a row now to the one who started a whole new thread dedicated to Don't Read It, Think Of The Children!! that's just blow it up so much more. #RentFree

When it was leaked that he was the imminent hire? I went through the stages…and took my sweet time getting to the ACCEPTANCE. Once again…really surprised I didn’t post something fun on this thread! There has to be a post or a hundred on other threads to reflect. If or when that is bumped, I’ll live the exhausting refrain of “hope I’m wrong!” Have fun with it, you lillies! Good things happened contrary to your edicts. 😎

Reactions: Bret178
A. Technically hasn't been 2 years yet.

B. The point (which is kinda obvious) was comparing the phenomenal results by CJH in just year 2 to the most Karenest of the Karen Negavol hot take reactions immediately at the time of the hire. "literally Butch Jones 2.0 - @ButchPlz " "foot in the door early; Fire Josh Heupel, - @FLVOL_79 " "at least fall Saturdays have opened up - @VolInNW " or @vegasvolfan declaring Butch Jones had a better resume and only good thing was it wasn't Sonny Dyes (2fer Win) Or their Queen @volgr with one fabulous take after another like "We tried to do worse with Dykes. Danny White is a clown. This is a dead hire. It has zero juice. Neyland will be lucky to ne half full. " & "This is as bad a hire as it gets. "

P.S. I really just started this as a quick chuckle at their expense and expected to move on, but their meltdown has been kind of Uh-Mazing. From the fragile soul who's written paragraphs to me at 4 am two days in a row now to the one who started a whole new thread dedicated to Don't Read It, Think Of The Children!! that's just blow it up so much more. #RentFree
I love this one because I didnt use blue font and you have shown the reason why blue font is an unwritten rule here so emotional "thinkers" can have a fair warning..

Writes a paragraph at 4 am. Rent free.
5am. You must be a central time zoner. What was the regular wake up time in your previous facility?

But bless your heart for thinking I'm up early to respond to you. You just keep proving my point. Thanks :)

Last edited:
My 2 kids recently graduated from UCF. I actually live down here and follow the team. Watch most of the games. Kids love him and will run through a wall for him (that hasn't happened around here in a long time). Everyone here is going to love the offense. QB development is off the charts. Gets the SEC and knows what it takes. Former star QB. need a big time Defensive Coordinator/staff. typically average 40 plus points a game. Wears out the defenses. I am definitely ok with giving him a chance
Aged well. :)

It's not "hilarious", no. Not really. It's just an obvious case of a coward-dying-a-thousand-deaths metaphor. Important to go ahead and feel the pain of failure a bunch of extra times. For negative people, this makes them feel alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back