Heupel to be announced per 247

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh great. Another up and coming coach without proven long term success.

It is but one also must feel bad for Bailey. I personally don't feel the system will be good for him and THIS is why you CAN'T commit to a school.

Funny, but I would have thought you would have said that you can't commit to a coach.

This just smells funny to me

huge buyout at UCF
He just left there
Hiring that coach and paying buyout benefits his coach he hired and his old university

Reactions: jes
Dog and pony show??? This was quiet until yesterday. How naive to assume any “big name”wanted this job anyways. UT is down, everyone knows it and he got a coach. He may have interviewed 4 or 40. I don’t care.

Yes. It was a dog and pony show. He did keep it quiet but this search was drug out for a week just to bring his buddy with him? If this was the plan then he should’ve just announced him the same day so it at least appeared to be a confident choice. Multiple outlets have confirmed that Freeze and even Jeff Fisher wanted this job. Both would’ve created more buzz than Heupel. I’ll support whoever they bring in but UCF has gotten worse every year that Frost’s recruits have left and Heupel has been at the helm. Hoping for a better result here.

With the program in shambles, roster depleted and impending NCAA severe sanctions, about a well as you could hope for honestly...

Depends on if u really want to win. Freeze or kiffin either one would take the job. But with that said He may do well, I hope he does..but to say best we could hope for, I disagree.

Did it ever occur to the OP that this is where we are as a program and everyone else said no? I'm apathetically excited: "sure, I guess I'll support if I have to".

Reactions: Lovnrockytop
Has anybody looked up stats and watched his offenses or anything, if we freaking out because you don’t know his name?

Reactions: Border Vol
His job is to find the right fit. With looming sanctions, with a ridiculously stupid fan base and a program in shambles, White did what he could. And JP isn’t guaranteed to lose here just because he is not a big name. See the glass half full instead negative crap all the time. Life is much better on the positive side.

A stupid fan base? UT should thank the sports gods that after all the crap they've pulled the past 12 years they still have a fanbase that cares this much.

Again...all that drivel you just posted was the same stuff said the last 3 coaches. If you want to take pride in being Charlie Brown falling your ass yet again when Lucy moves the football, you go right ahead.

Reactions: ButchPlz
Yes. It was a dog and pony show. He did keep it quiet but this search was drug out for a week just to bring his buddy with him? If this was the plan then he should’ve just announced him the same day so it at least appeared to be a confident choice. Multiple outlets have confirmed that Freeze and even Jeff Fisher wanted this job. Both would’ve created more buzz than Heupel. I’ll support whoever they bring in but UCF has gotten worse every year that Frost’s recruits have left and Heupel has been at the helm. Hoping for a better result here.
Freeze was a no due to his sec history of sanctions vs our looming sanctions. Jeff Fisher? Been out of nfl coaching for 7-8 years and out of college coaching for 30 but he would have been better just because he has a name. Give me a break. Volnation never fails to amaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back