Heupel’s yard monster gobbling offenses

Not when he was OC in 2016 they didn't
Missouri2016.png

In 2017 Missouri's offense only put up numbers on bad teams, similar to what he was doing at UCF
missouri2017.png

In 2017 Missouri didn't beat a team with a winning record:

Missouri State 3-9
Idaho 4-8
Uconn 3-9
Florida 4-8
Tennessee 4-8
Vanderbilt 5-7
Arkansas 4-8

It's been the same story each season, Heupel's offense puts up big numbers against bad teams.

Dooley came into Missouri in 2018, and did more with Drew Lock and the Missouri offense, than Heupel did in 2017.
missouri2018.png
Did you just try to bury YOUR OWN coach before he even coached a game?

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
The reality of his coaching record is a matter of history now; my pointing out the details has no affect on it.
Good point I understand his history but I am just trying to find hope that present and future with us is a lot better than what it has been in certain aspects that all but I do understand what you are trying to say.

Good point I understand his history but I am just trying to find hope that present and future with us is a lot better than what it has been in certain aspects that all but I do understand what you are trying to say.

I'm sure Heupel's offense will put up points, I just don't see him trouncing bad teams as an indicator for how his offense will perform against our schedule.

Reactions: Southeastern VFL
I'm sure Heupel's offense will put up points, I just don't see him trouncing bad teams as an indicator for how his offense will perform against our schedule.
I will say this if he can do what coach Jones did on offense and successfully add the second element of the offense which is the passing game I think he could knock the door down that Butch could not open. If you look at Jones offense with Dobbs from 2015-16 season which was 18-8 he was only a few points away from back to back SEC east titles. So if Heupel can create those extra points who knows.

UCF was 6-4 last season and lost to BYU and Memphis.
BYU was 11-1 and beat Tennessee the year before. Memphis didn’t look to be that good but still was 8-3. But to your point I think we all have our eye on that decline in record. In Huepel’s defense, I think he has a much better defensive staff than he or UCF ever had.

Reactions: Vol Main
BYU was 11-1 and beat Tennessee the year before. Memphis didn’t look to be that good but still was 8-3. But to your point I think we all have our eye on that decline in record. In Huepel’s defense, I think he has a much better defensive staff than he or UCF ever had.

Yeah, I'll give you that. Do you think this staff's better than Pruitt's? Just wondering your opinion.

I am going into this season for the first time in my life having no real expectations for the way the season will turn out. If it is a success then I will be overjoyed and if it is a repeat of disappointment I will not crash and burn. It is nice in a way to have one season in my life in which I am not overly emotionally invested

Yeah, I'll give you that. Do you think this staff's better than Pruitt's? Just wondering your opinion.
It’s really hard to say. Lot of newer, non household names. Seems most, with the exception of Tee at WR and Chaney at OC are more proven at their relative positions. However, Pruitt was basically the DC and Huepel is basically the OC. I think when you consider what Huepel did with what he had (I.e., UFC and Missouri), he seems like he might be better than Pruitt as his respective positions. Not so sure the DC we have could be considered in the same conversation as Chaney when it comes to experience at his relative position. I can tell you that this staff seems much more intelligent and more importantly articulate and likable. Communication and likability are key receptiveness. When it comes to performance, so is S&C. I think the S&C promo by Pruitt was a terrible decision and cost everyone their job and the season, but not sure how much more qualified the guy we have now is. Lots to like, but lots up in the air.

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back