Heup Is Number One!!!

I wouldn’t hate on Hype if he returned to OU. I’d hate to see it, but in the end this is a business just like any other…and unlike any other. At least he showed what could be accomplished at UT in a short time.

If Heupel gets the call from Norman; he’s gone. Vol fans should get square with that idea because it is a very real possibility. I just hope no mattresses get burned this time around. If he gets the job; thank him for the work he put in and move on.
Sooooo after the last 20 years of walking in the desert as a UT football fan, having my gut punched over and over and over to the point that I’ve considered pouring hot bacon grease on my privates at some points during the Jones and/or Pruit era, and hanging my head in total embarrassment (somebody list all the low points like the Schiano debacle) your saying that should the coach that just got us to 7 wins should decide to leave after one season that I should Thank him, and wait for it ……move on you say?

So Oklahoma,,,a power 5 school is going hard and fast after a coach who won the games he was supposed to, and is third in the SEC east
Lost big to the main rivals of the school and the recruiting so far is well below the level expected at a school like Tennessee

He certainly did a nice job with a depleted roster but its not like he had Tennessee competing for the east let alone the SEC championship
I would think this job opening calls for someone with proven success not just,,hey he did one or two games better than expected.

But heck who knows

I would think Tennessee should be more concerned with keeping the staff together over the head coach leaving

So Oklahoma,,,a power 5 school is going hard and fast after a coach who won the games he was supposed to, and is third in the SEC east
Lost big to the main rivals of the school and the recruiting so far is well below the level expected at a school like Tennessee

He certainly did a nice job with a depleted roster but its not like he had Tennessee competing for the east let alone the SEC championship
I would think this job opening calls for someone with proven success not just,,hey he did one or two games better than expected.

But heck who knows

I would think Tennessee should be more concerned with keeping the staff together over the head coach leaving
There was nothing but a culture of F’it I don’t care when Heupel got here. Only 61 scholarship athletes and 10 walk ons given scholarships….that was all the cupboard had to work with. Inherited an offense that was rancid the last few years accomplished more in this be season than the last 3. We were picked to finish next to last in the SEC ahead of Vandy. He was within arms reach of beating the potential ACC champs and Ole Miss…both with Heisman candidate QBs. He punished Mizzu, South Carolina, Vandy, and had the ball less than 1 quarter to beat the best Kentucky team I’ve seen in my 45 yrs on Earth.

If he can do that much with so little….God help our opponents if he gets a roster like Oklahoma has. That is exactly why. That is some f’n coaching period.

Reactions: peerless98
There was nothing but a culture of F’it I don’t care when Heupel got here. Only 61 scholarship athletes and 10 walk ons given scholarships….that was all the cupboard had to work with. Inherited an offense that was rancid the last few years accomplished more in this be season than the last 3. We were picked to finish next to last in the SEC ahead of Vandy. He was within arms reach of beating the potential ACC champs and Ole Miss…both with Heisman candidate QBs. He punished Mizzu, South Carolina, Vandy, and had the ball less than 1 quarter to beat the best Kentucky team I’ve seen in my 45 yrs on Earth.

If he can do that much with so little….God help our opponents if he gets a roster like Oklahoma has. That is exactly why. That is some f’n coaching period.
Yes it is and it goes way beyond the head coach
But its still unproven
One year doesn't make one proven
Its a nice base line but Butch looked good for a year or so
How did that end up?

wow……I thought the previous 3 coaching searches were wild. We are already looking at replacements WHILE we have a head coach in place.
Yeah, kind of a weird presearch search before the dust even settles on the Riley-to-USC revelation.

But heck who knows

Any time the HC leaves, he usually picks his own staff. Yes, I know Dooley kept staff from Kiffin's hires, but that was Dooley.

Reactions: volintears
He did not win the Heisman.
Absolute did not win the Heisman and in my opinion this is just more propaganda. What I have heard is that OU has alread given him s screwing once so why would he want a second dose ?????? Heupel has more or less stated in the past that he is home at UT and i take him at what he said. No, i realize that was not sealed in stone but at this point, and I stress this point, I do not think he is considering going anywhere. He has stated numerous times in public that his family loves Knoxville and very happy here. Too some, money is not everything !!!

Absolute did not win the Heisman and in my opinion this is just more propaganda. What I have heard is that OU has alread given him s screwing once so why would he want a second dose ?????? Heupel has more or less stated in the past that he is home at UT and i take him at what he said. No, i realize that was not sealed in stone but at this point, and I stress this point, I do not think he is considering going anywhere. He has stated numerous times in public that his family loves Knoxville and very happy here. Too some, money is not everything !!!

I want Heupel to remain at the UT, but what you cite is just cattle feed. You tell fans and administrators what they want to hear so the barn and the field is relatively peaceful, and varmint-free. But I do hope JH stays here.

Im not saying either way but pursuing and going are 2 different things.
You can google Josh Heupel and there are now two or three news sources saying it is being pursued. It is being considered. Not predicting it will happen but it is on the table.
As a vol, everyone should know this.

Screw the Kif? I like payback, but rather Heup stays.

Not everything has to be about Kiffin.

Lebby would offer the closest proximity to Heupel in play calling for the sake of continuity.

And of course Heupel staying is the optimum outcome of the coaching carousel.

Those aren't "sources" and there isn't a single person who has said anything that knows what's being considered.
He absolutely loves Knoxville, the UT Fan base, tradition, and deep down I feel like he wants (his family) to be raised in the area. <---Which, for down-to-earth real men, no amount of money can sway. He's not going anywhere.

Reactions: ReelfootVol

VN Store

Back