Heup Is Number One!!!

SO make no mistake, this is being considered by all parties, and is absolutely in play. We will know fairly quickly I believe. More to follow.

No, brother, you make no mistake. This isn't even remotely being considered by either party, and is absolutely not in play.

Two or three wish-they-were-legit sports reporters tweeting out a "hey what if" do not qualify as sources of real information.

You're trying to come off like you have some inside info, but you're just slinging jello at the wall and hoping something sticks.

It won't.

Stop with the theatrics, will ya?

Who would we possibly hire if CJH leaves?
If he leaves we need someone who has already proven themselves in a major conference or big time program. Gus Malzahn, Chip Kelly, and Tom Herman would all be great hires. And I think we could get any of those 3. If it came down to that.

Leaving UT for OU when you have an AD who you are comfortable with and has your back versus their AD and a situation that ended badly last time?

I am not sure if OU is even his "dream" school. I personally wouldn't follow Riley as you need 11 wins each year or you are a bad coach...

Anyway, I just don't see it. I may eat crow in a few days, it just doesn't make sense to me as I think he is super comfortable with White as an AD.

Edit: Just read that Stoops will coach the bowl game for Oklahoma which also tells me that Heupel isn't in play. It wouldn't surprise me if Bob Stoops basically pushed Mark Stoops for the job when Klingsbury turns them down.
Would love to see Mark Stoops take that job. Kentucky can go back to being Kentucky. As of today they are signing 3 of our top in state players.

Those aren't "sources" and there isn't a single person who has said anything that knows what's being considered.
These are national media pundits such as SI and Yahoo that are quite familiar with the landscape of college football and are openly speculating that JH would be a viable (although a bit of a long shot at this point) candidate for the OU job. I'm only saying that he is actively being discussed and likely would be a candidate much of that fanbase could rally behind, especially after the suddenness of Riley's departure and a sense of a feeling of betrayal from LR (fair or unfair). If you are an Okie fan and you get the sense that LR has been coaching "distracted" these past few weeks, and perhaps did not give your team its best chance to win and get into the CFP, then you might lean toward someone who is of your lineage. That is all I'm saying. Just that JH to Okie is not a ridiculous notion. Not a reason to panic at this point, but not entirely out of play either.

I've been following the whole Riley to LSU then Riley to USC drama for several days on the other teams boards. In case you haven't checked, both sets of LSU and OKLA fans are stunned by Lincoln Riley's move today. And with the shock of the loss of their head coach, the Sooner folks are suddenly pretty amenable to having Josh come home (for the most part). There was some bad blood with Stoops when he left, but $6+ million (or whatever they might pay him) will soothe bad feelings pretty quick. For those saying that Josh just wouldn't leave UT to head back to Okla after just one year, uh, yeah he would......he graduated from Norman and won a natty there as a player. And I for one wouldn't trash talk him if he did so. If that is his dream, and he turns them down now, there will never be another invite. I'd understand. SO make no mistake, this is being considered by all parties, and is absolutely in play. We will know fairly quickly I believe. More to follow.
So you read some message boards and are now on here acting like you’re in the know. You aren’t any more informed than anybody else with enough time on their hands to read other teams message boards.

How can a guy be as well known and Kiffin and peeps still don’t know how to spell his name?
Just because people have heard of you, that doesn't mean they care enough about you to learn how your name is spelled.

It's called being a loser in life. That's Kiffen (Quiffen, Ceefin) for you.

I don't buy it at all. They could have chosen Heupel over Riley if that's the case. Riley is a Texas Tech Grad? They were both OC's. I read that Okla is going after Klingsbury. Time will tell.
To believe that CKings would leave Phoenix while riding high and on his way to a possible SB is not realistic in my view.

Reactions: DonjoVol
So you read some message boards and are now on here acting like you’re in the know. You aren’t any more informed than anybody else with enough time on their hands to read other teams message boards.
I didn't imply that I am in the know. Just passing info that I have gleaned from study of other places. Hey, you don't like the notion. No need to get nasty.

I didn't imply that I am in the know. Just passing info that I have gleaned from study of other places. Hey, you don't like the notion. No need to get nasty.
You said “make no mistake this is being considered by all parties and is absolutely in play”. Not trying to be nasty or mean, but those are pretty definitive words that makes it sound like you know Heupel is considering an offer from OU and that’s not actually the case

Its natural for us to be worried, but I am not worried. Big game Bob is going to take over that program in the interim and I wouldn't be surprised if he takes over again as HC.

So just forget the fact that OU fired him and OU boosters don’t like and the fans don’t want him?
the fact that they let him go is overblown. That happens in the coaching profession regularly. Money and the opportunity to lead his alma mater can cure that. And what boosters and fans do you know that don’t want him?
I don’t know if he will go or not if offered, but it’s silly to think there’s not a chance he goes.

Can I get one of your all knowing all seeing crystal balls?

No crystal ball needed. Just common sense. Heupel over-exceeded in a very difficult situation and everyone knows it. Oklahoma’s AD would have to be a moron to not have Heupel on the short list.

You said “make no mistake this is being considered by all parties and is absolutely in play”. Not trying to be nasty or mean, but those are pretty definitive words that makes it sound like you know Heupel is considering an offer from OU and that’s not actually the case
If you actually google JH and look under "news" and then actually read articles they imply that this is being discussed on some level. No, no one is being quoted - its too early for anything like that. And at this point it is still unlikely due to the Stoops influence and bad taste Heup must surely have from being let go. I'm not trying to rumor monger here, just wanting us as a fanbase not to be blindsided if this gets some traction. Its not so far-fetched. But don't jump those of us who have spent some time researching these things and try to pass on some info. Or get off your ass and go do some yourself and take a chance and post something here. I'll be interested to hear anything that someone has studied.

I think JH has a great relationship with Danny White, but besides that, OU did him dirty when he was the Coordinator for them, eventually bringing in Lincoln Riley. If UT matches any offer, he will stay. I trust Danny White has a handle on things. The only thing that is apparent is that Lincoln Riley was scared he wouldn't have been as successful in the SEC. His jumping ship makes sense. The only thing he will regret is those California taxes. Though he may get a big payday, the government man gonna get his fair share.

If you actually google JH and look under "news" and then actually read articles they imply that this is being discussed on some level. No, no one is being quoted - its too early for anything like that. And at this point it is still unlikely due to the Stoops influence and bad taste Heup must surely have from being let go. I'm not trying to rumor monger here, just wanting us as a fanbase not to be blindsided if this gets some traction. Its not so far-fetched. But don't jump those of us who have spent some time researching these things and try to pass on some info. Or get off your ass and go do some yourself and take a chance and post something here. I'll be interested to hear anything that someone has studied.
I would be interested to hear anything that comes from a reliable source. With coaching openings like we have right now there will likely be a lot of rumors and speculation until all the big openings are filled. I’m sure OU fans have tried to stay informed and they were all blindsided by the news when it broke. It would be the same here if Heupel were to leave. After 15 years of misery and bad hires, there is finally some excitement and hope that we make the right guy finally. For him to leave after one year would be pretty bad. Hopefully that won’t happen. At the end of the day we’re all TN fans and just want to see us return to where we should be.

Reactions: 67Vol

VN Store

Back