Here's to Dooley for not signing one single O-linemen in 2012

The hole was being dug way before Dooley got here
I was speaking specifically to not having upper classmen on the o-line. That was done by Dooley and he did it on ppurpose. Some ish about saving scholarships for other positions....he thought we had enough on the lines. I'm saying he did some poor planning and we are still paying the price.

It was completely Dooley's fault. He's an accomplished loser. He had complete control.

Saying, "He wasn't ready for the job" is implying that he could be ready for it with more experience. Not true. He's incompetent. He will only become more incompetent.

I'm incompetent too but if they offered it to me I would take it. I'd try my best but I would fail, just like Dools.

I can't really get mad at Dooley. He is was he is, a man forever in pursuit of mediocrity. Who can blame him for being offered the HC job at one of the most storied programs in the nation in spite of his only credential being his daddy's name and jumping on it. The man I blame is Mike Hamilton who will go down in history as a blemish on our school's name, a black spot in its history. His self designed golden parachute for driving the program into the ground is what I'll always resent.

Reactions: 1 person
He's the moron with the headphones on the Cowboys sidelines pretending to take credit for Dez Bryant.

Dooley has tons of control over Bryant

dezwantstofight.gif

angry.gif

I'm leaning towards the nickname "Stooley" these days:

Slide11.jpg

How apropos is this image given the crippling blows he inflicted on the program?

dooley-tennessee.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
For those that follow recruiting closely, did he go after some OL and whiff or did he just ignore the position completely that year?

For those that follow recruiting closely, did he go after some OL and whiff or did he just ignore the position completely that year?

He consciously chose not to sign any.

"The first question is why didn't you sign any offensive lineman? It's rare. I don't think this will ever happen again, but what is more rare is that we brought in 11 offensive linemen over the last 24 months, which I don't think anybody has done something like that. If you take that number and divide it by three, you have what you normally have, three or four guys a class. We felt that we were so young and deep on the offensive line, if there is ever a year where we could really focus on the skill positions to try to give us some depth so that when a guy gets hurt here and there we don't just love everything, and that's what we did."
Dooley Signing Day Press Conference - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

FWIW, I only count 10 OL signees in the two years prior:
2011 - Crowder, Jackson, Kerbyson, Posey, Richardson, Clear (initially listed as an OL)
2010 - Fulton, James, Stone, Pair

VN Store

Back