Here is my best guess...

The Steele and Marrone rumors are the DC and OC hires for a Freeze HC hire.

Now that we have that out of the way. I honestly believe its more likely the powers that be are building a staff for a Tee Martin HC hire. I think Fulmer is wanting a UT guy with UT support that the fans will give a LOOOOOOOONGGGGG leash, while being the coach in proximity.

Flame away, but lets see what happens...

Ok ill flame away🔥🔥💥💥💥💥🔥🔥

Reactions: CA_Vol
If the rumors are true that Pruitt didnt hire Steele and that steele stays even if Pruitt goes I'd say either steele will be hc or phil is working a back door deal for somebody that wants to work with steele. Possibly malzahn since he just came from au.

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Swinney, Fleck, Ed O, and Herm are a few that either skipped the coordinator role or had very limited time in the position and still became really good HC.
u do know the difference, right?

OP I hope you are WRONG. If you think Pruitt is a bad head coach wait to see what T does. He could not make it as an Offensive play-caller. No way he is qualified for to even be thought of for an HC job. This would be a train wreck. Besides, he would just be a talking head for Fulmer. Fulmer would be HC from the AD office.

If the rumors are true that Pruitt didnt hire Steele and that steele stays even if Pruitt goes I'd say either steele will be hc or phil is working a back door deal for somebody that wants to work with steele. Possibly malzahn since he just came from au.
Someone said in another thread and I’ll repeat it here because it makes sense: Malzahan won’t want to work with Steele again. And everything I’ve read said this was Pruitt’s hire. Pruitt is staying and we need to all prepare ourselves for mediocrity at best, or a destructive season outcome at worst. My money would be on the latter.

Tee IS NOT head coach material.
His football IQ is suspect.
He DOES NOT have needed PR skills.
He does not have managerial skills.
This would be a Fulmer team, with Tee as a front man!
This may be the truth, I really don't know for sure. I do know that if somehow Tee did get the HC job it would be an historic day and I would be behind him 100% until he proved to me that he wasn't capable of doing the job.

Now that we have that out of the way. I honestly believe its more likely the powers that be are building a staff for a Tee Martin HC hire. I think Fulmer is wanting a UT guy with UT support that the fans will give a LOOOOOOOONGGGGG leash, while being the coach in proximity.

Are you serious? LOL my god! the scenarios you guys invent!

Someone said in another thread and I’ll repeat it here because it makes sense: Malzahan won’t want to work with Steele again. And everything I’ve read said this was Pruitt’s hire. Pruitt is staying and we need to all prepare ourselves for mediocrity at best, or a destructive season outcome at worst. My money would be on the latter.

We don't have to. If that trot that garbage coach out for 2021, regardless of new assistants, the best thing people can do is stop watching.

I'm still hoping that pruitt is gone this week. If not, I'm not waisting another year of my life watching him.

Hey man Tee might just end up being a great head coach. He might be just what Tennessee needs right now. I know it's a long shot but if he does get the job we have to get behind him and hope for the best.
Tennessee cannot stand another “long shot“ hire. The last three have almost destroyed the program. Hire a proven winner or else don’t even bother.

So your telling me we are going to bring in a just recently fired NFL head coach to become an OC for a receivers coach who was fired from his last job for not doing a great job as an OC and who has been mediocre at best at coaching and recruiting since he has got here? This is Tennessee but that’s just crazy talk.

Reactions: aredfox28
So your telling me we are going to bring in a just recently fired NFL head coach to become an OC for a receivers coach who was fired from his last job for not doing a great job as an OC and who has been mediocre at best at coaching and recruiting since he has got here? This is Tennessee but that’s just crazy talk.
I tried to come up with the most absurd scenario possible, since this is Tennessee.

Reactions: dyllisvol42
Martin's contract is up at the end of this month and it will be very interesting to see what the results of the internal investigation are.

Reactions: yabbadabbado
Why would malzahn work with Steele if Steele was the one that was part of trying to get his job at auburn

VN Store

Back