Here is a mind blowing stat

My bad, I thought coach (and donors) didnt score, block, tackle etc..

I mean those coaches wouldnt be terrible if those players had done their jobs

Lol

For some reason you have a hard time with football being a team sport. In college that even extends to the AD and donors.

For the millionth time, coaching matters. But so does player execution. Many analysts have said. Hall of fame players and coaches have said that. Pruitt has said it. Saban has said it. If you want to keep on believing its all coaching then have at it.

For some reason you have a hard time with football being a team sport. In college that even extends to the AD and donors.

For the millionth time, coaching matters. But so does player execution. Many analysts have said. Hall of fame players and coaches have said that. Pruitt has said it. Saban has said it. If you want to keep on believing its all coaching then have at it.
Yeah, I agree. I thought Pruitt was the exception.

Did you not see the lol?

OP we live in a glass house as UT fans, and should not throw stones; not even small ones.

True, but embedded in that conference record is also that long losing streak to Florida, which has no excuse. In the latter part of that streak the teams were evenly matched or we were actually better than them.

Wait....what? They beat us, but we were actually better than them. Hmmm.....I thought that was why they played - to see who was the better team. Out of curiosity, what is your definition of "better"?

Wait....what? They beat us, but we were actually better than them. Hmmm.....I thought that was why they played - to see who was the better team. Out of curiosity, what is your definition of "better"?
Tennessee blew leads in multiple games or blew opportunities to score points that would have won them the game. Even the Florida fans on here (LG, LW) have said Tennessee was the better team the last few years, and actually outplayed Florida for a majority of the game, but pissed it away.

Then they were the better team. Woulda coulda shoulda's don't matter. We've beat em once in the last 14 tries. They've been better period

How about these jewels about our Vols:

- 7-43 against top 25 teams since 2008.
- 2-30 (.062) an an away underdog since 2008, worst in the SEC. The next worst teams in that stat, Kentucky and Miss St, have won 22.2% of their games as an away underdog.
- 26-56 (.317) in conference games since 2008. Only Kentucky and Vandy are worse, and only by a couple percentage points.
- Have not beaten an SEC West team since 2010 (Ole Miss).
- Have not beaten a ranked team since 2016 (Florida/Georgia/Nebraska).
- Have not beaten a top 15 team since 2015 (Northwestern).
- Have not beaten a top 10 team since 2006 (Georgia).
- Have not beaten a top 5 team since 2005 (LSU).
- Has not finished a season ranked in the top 5 or top 10 since 2001.
- Have not beaten a ranked Alabama team since 1999.
Depressing

How about these jewels about our Vols:

- 7-43 against top 25 teams since 2008.
- 2-30 (.062) an an away underdog since 2008, worst in the SEC. The next worst teams in that stat, Kentucky and Miss St, have won 22.2% of their games as an away underdog.
- 26-56 (.317) in conference games since 2008. Only Kentucky and Vandy are worse, and only by a couple percentage points.
- Have not beaten an SEC West team since 2010 (Ole Miss).
- Have not beaten a ranked team since 2016 (Florida/Georgia/Nebraska).
- Have not beaten a top 15 team since 2015 (Northwestern).
- Have not beaten a top 10 team since 2006 (Georgia).
- Have not beaten a top 5 team since 2005 (LSU).
- Has not finished a season ranked in the top 5 or top 10 since 2001.
- Have not beaten a ranked Alabama team since 1999.
We're depressed enough without this!

VN Store

Back