Here’s why I think ole miss wins

Flipdaddy

1.Their ability to throw the ball better than us
2. depth
3. Our injured
4. The pressure is on us because their HC
5. They’ve faced better competition than us so far

I hope I’m wrong but here’s my game and score predictions.

For some reason, we go back to making stupid mistakes that cost us a chance.

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28

2. depth
3. Our injured

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28
Here is the reason I think UT wins, Cause of Idiotic Negative Fans like you!

Ut 45
Ole Miss 35

Here’s the reason we might win…DEFENSE! Also, I think we have more momentum right now as we are exceeding expectations and they are doing the opposite. Also, they had a grueling game Saturday that came down to the very last play. We were able to rest kids and now heupel can get in their faces about letting up etc.
vols 52
Ole miss 35

Here's why I think ole miss wins
2. depth
3. Our injured

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28

Here's why I think Tennessee wins:

1. Our ability to shift from running to passing the ball depending on what the defense gives us.
2. heart.
3. their injured (Ole Miss suffers a few key injuries to players on the offensive side of the ball - The Rebel Walk)
4. The pressure is on them because of our HC (Josh Heupel is 2-0 against Lane Kiffin, all-time)
5. We've faced greater adversity and persevered through it than them.

I hope you're wrong, too. On that we agree. :)

We win a barn burner:

Tennessee 58
Ole Miss 54

Here's why I think Tennessee wins:

1. Our ability to shift from running to passing the ball depending on what the defense gives us.
2. heart.
3. their injured (Ole Miss suffers a few key injuries to players on the offensive side of the ball - The Rebel Walk)
4. The pressure is on them because of our HC (Josh Heupel is 2-0 against Lane Kiffin, all-time)
5. We've faced greater adversity and persevered through it than them.

I hope you're wrong, too. On that we agree. :)

We win a barn burner:

Tennessee 58
Ole Miss 54
Wow!!! That score would be a wild game!!!

The 12th man wins this game. The 100K Vol Fans will figure in this win. Biggest game in years for our program, and a lot of hootin' and a hollering will get Kiffin and his players off his game. He's gonna wonder where all that noise was when he was here as coach

I don’t feel great about this game. I suspect their offense will be much more productive than ours. I expect our defense will be the better squad.

Turnovers and penalties will be an important aspect of this game. Must win both of these categories to get a win.

The 12th man wins this game. The 100K Vol Fans will figure in this win. Biggest game in years for our program, and a lot of hootin' and a hollering will get Kiffin and his players off his game. He's gonna wonder where all that noise was when he was here as coach
You must have not attended a game when Kiffy was coaching.

2. depth
3. Our injured

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28
2. Is my only concern, but it's a big one. I'm afraid we're just gonna run out of gas.

Injuries are always a concern.

4. Is dumb in my opinion. Not saying you're dumb, it's just dumb. That's all in the fans' head.

Edit: I hope after we punch them in the mouth our Lane Loving bunch will let him go. If not, oh well. Lol.

2. depth
3. Our injured

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28

Im not saying your wrong…….looks to be a tough game for the Vols.

I hope they can come out with a win….not sure they will, but I’m hopeful.

Your #1 while they throw more than Tennessee, they also run quite a lot. Tennessee has a “much” better run defense.

Your #4 I would assume “that” pressure is on HIM more than Tennessee. Heck none of these players were here then…….different staff, different almost everything. He was the coach, he left for “bigger and better things”…….which didn’t work out for him. Especially since “he” left I would assume he feels the “need” for this win the most (in that regard)……heck both want/need the win I’m just saying just from the “pressure” of this situation.

#2 & #3……could be huge factors, especially if it’s tight in the second half.

Taunt Kiffin with wrecked cars,burning mattresses,popcorn and most of all a cardboard cut out of Layla dressed in Orange for signaling in plays from the sideline.
LOL

How great would it be if this were the signal for "throw a bomb down the sideline for the score:

1633965353309.jpeg

And this the signal for QB draw:

1633965470461.png

2. depth
3. Our injured

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28

To "like" what you say troubles me. BUT, I agree with it. However to reference a old and worn cliche, " That's why they play the game". We will not know how true you reasons are til late Saturday night.

2. depth
3. Our injured

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28
1: completion % even, QBR rating higher for Hooker
2: Yes
3: could be, they’ve probably got injured too.
4: No . Our players and Coaches don’t give a damn who their coach is. Only the fans that can’t move on
5: yes

No reason to think we go back to making stupid mistakes, we’ve got good coaches and the improvement from game 1 to now is noticeable.
We’ve started strong and get leads in the first every game, so why would you think we do the opposite this game?

You left out the #1 reason we could lose. Talent, they have more of it

2. depth
3. Our injured

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28

You don't know Flip..........Daddy. Seriously, I think our defense is much better than Ole Miss's. If we don't turn the ball over, we win IMO.

Ole Miss isn't a great football team and are definately beatable. The question is if we have enough overall (healthy) talent to win a shootout. A better circumstance would be some early defensive stops to get a lead then continue to score points on pace with them. Not sure how realistic this is as we don't have a great pass rush and are nicked up in the secondary.

Still, Neyland can be a factor and if they make mistakes we have a great chance to win.

I'm hoping for a competitive game we come away with a W but this is truly a coin flip..... Go Vols!

2. depth
3. Our injured

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28
Bama beat them by holding them to 78 yards rushing. They've run over people in most of their wins this season. Our passing game is pretty close to theirs.

I worry about our secondary the most. They could get badly exposed in this game.

However, Ole Miss's defense appears to be laughable. They couldn't stop a one dimensional Arkansas offense. Tit for tat all day long.

This game has the makings of an all time barn burner. Slight edge to Ole Miss, but truly anything could happen in this game. (maybe Kiffin will make 3 or 4 inexplicable 4th down calls on his own side of the field)

Should be wild.

You know whats cool about this post? You said Why I "think" Ole Miss wins... Shows the team is improving quicker than expected. I still have no expectations for this season. We are an injury or two away from losing any game on the remainder of the schedule. I'm just enjoying the ride so far! I'll evaluate the season after its over, hopefully after a bowl bid.

VN Store

Back