Here’s what Fulmer should do....

Fulmer should tell JP to make a change at QB and for JP to act like it was his own idea. It’s obvious that JP doesn’t want to bench JG for whatever reason.

This is a “we need to talk” moment JP’s wife needs to have with him. She needs to talk about the QB situation.
Fulmer's not going to get directly involved in making team personnel decisions like who should start/sit. It would be terribly inappropriate and unprofessional for him to do so. Not going to happen

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
What were you before then...Vol fan wise? My bad. Don’t care.
Vol fan for 35 years but only paid attention to basketball if the program was doing well. I generally lost interest in basketball including the NBA over the years after Bird & Jordan retired. That’s 20 plus years ago.

Vol fan for 35 years but only paid attention to basketball if the program was doing well. I generally lost interest in basketball including the NBA over the years after Bird & Jordan retired. That’s 20 plus years ago.
Don’t follow the baseball team, but I know who the COACHES were. Don’t follow women’s basketball, but I know who our COACHES were following Summitt. Just can’t gather myself around a 35 year VOL FAN not having even a passing knowledge of Cuonzo Martin. But hey...K-Town is Jeremy Pruitt.

Don’t follow the baseball team, but I know who the COACHES were. Don’t follow women’s basketball, but I know who our COACHES were following Summitt. Just can’t gather myself around a 35 year VOL FAN not having even a passing knowledge of Cuonzo Martin. But hey...K-Town is Jeremy Pruitt.
Good for you and congrats. Would you like some type of certificate or trophy that you know all the coaches on every sports team UT has ?

He should fire every coach and take over as HC for the remainder of the season. Hire local HS coaches to fill out the remainder of the staff. Cut every player’s scholarship and have a football camp as brutal as Bear Bryant’s Junction Boys and see who actually wants to be on the team. Move forward with the rest of the season.

Nice movie script. 🙄

Instead of the bargain bin approach, how about hiring a proven commodity. That works a lot more than hiring HS coaches, abusing players, and getting rid of schollys..
The problem is, there are only a handful of “proven commodity” coaches out there, and they are already safely ensconced at schools doing so well that I would legitimately question their sanity if they left there to come to Knoxville, regardless of the proffered salary.The last proven commodity coach to pull up roots and come to UT was Johnny Majors and that was because of his roots here. Let’s face it, there are no good options out there. Not saying stick with Pruitt for year after year, but who is out there to get?

The problem is, there are only a handful of “proven commodity” coaches out there, and they are already safely ensconced at schools doing so well that I would legitimately question their sanity if they left there to come to Knoxville, regardless of the proffered salary.The last proven commodity coach to pull up roots and come to UT was Johnny Majors and that was because of his roots here. Let’s face it, there are no good options out there. Not saying stick with Pruitt for year after year, but who is out there to get?

We dont need to fire a coach to fire a coach but we had two shots at Gary Patterson (a proven coach) and we let a few hundred K come between us and him twice. We were really tepid with pursuit of Mullen. (Not saying we would have got him but going nearly radio silent for 72 hrs doomed us).

He should fire every coach and take over as HC for the remainder of the season. Hire local HS coaches to fill out the remainder of the staff. Cut every player’s scholarship and have a football camp as brutal as Bear Bryant’s Junction Boys and see who actually wants to be on the team. Move forward with the rest of the season.
That would be a good idea if we wanted to go ahead and put the program out of its misery.

Reactions: FïreBall

Lol...it's easier to blame it on coronavirus. Fulmer or HC or the University can't do anything. Things will get better next year and beyond.

We dont need to fire a coach to fire a coach but we had two shots at Gary Patterson (a proven coach) and we let a few hundred K come between us and him twice. We were really tepid with pursuit of Mullen. (Not saying we would have got him but going nearly radio silent for 72 hrs doomed us).
Do not disagree at all. Unfortunately those ships already sailed and for now at least, I don’t see any more on the horizon. Of course, a smart AD starts asking around informally to see who might come available and when. Unfortunately, our AD is 100-% tied to his hire so to begin inquiries would force him to own up to the fact that his signature decision in his AD tenure was a mistake, so therefore such a wise course is probably not being pursued at this time.

Let’s be honest. When people want a proven coach, what we all really want is one who can beat Nick Saban on a repeat basis. I only know of two of those. Dabo ain’t going anywhere. That leaves Hugh Freeze. And I don’t think Fulmer is that much of a gambler as another slip up by Freeze would bring the wrath of the NCAA like we wouldn’t believe. Same with Kiffin who is at least imaginative and fearless. The market is empty for us right now. We have to be prepared though for the next round of coach carousel and Fulmer should always have a list of names at the ready.

Reactions: MiramarVol

OjI1I59CSJY92ep0sz.gif

Fulmer should just pull JG's scholarship.
He's already graduated. He's a 5th year senior who redshirted his freshman year. And the bitch of it is this year doesn't count so if he wanted to he could return next year for a 6th season.

Personally I think Fulmer needs to sit him down and just have a regular conversation about what’s going through his head.

Pruitt looks like a guy who got his opportunity and is afraid of blowing it. That’s why we continue to see the same crazy decisions over and over.

Fulmer needs to help him, plus get him some time with successful coaches. Pruitt has been around Nick Saban and that’s it. None of his coaches are successful away from him because they’re not him.

My opinion, but this is a start. He’s not getting fired unless the wheels come off, as in 3-7

Fulmer's not going to get directly involved in making team personnel decisions like who should start/sit. It would be terribly inappropriate and unprofessional for him to do so. Not going to happen

I disagree. Although he shouldn’t give it as an order or threat, giving solid advice to the HC wouldn’t be inappropriate or unprofessional. As the one in charge of hiring and firing JP it would be inappropriate and unprofessional for him not to have a sit down with JP discussing the expectations of the position. Clearly there has been a misunderstanding of what the HC will be judged by, it’s not only the big 3, but the rest of the games too, if you lose.

I disagree. Although he shouldn’t give it as an order or threat, giving solid advice to the HC wouldn’t be inappropriate or unprofessional. As the one in charge of hiring and firing JP it would be inappropriate and unprofessional for him not to have a sit down with JP discussing the expectations of the position. Clearly there has been a misunderstanding of what the HC will be judged by, it’s not only the big 3, but the rest of the games too, if you lose.

VN Store

Back