Herbie

Kirk Herbstreit goes all in on Vanderbilt beating Tennessee, says Vols are ‘fighting amongst themselves’. He’s picking against us again big surprise and I guess he has some inside info somehow about what’s going on in the locker room.
It's not a bad pick to be honest. TN is 1-2 in their last 3 games, and they seemed to be struggle in that one win for the first half of the game. Combine that with the rumors about the locker room, the TN backup QB being the starter, and Candy winning 2 SEC games in a row; and I could see why many will want to pick Candy in this game.

This game will tell us a lot about the players on the TN roster, the culture with the current program, and the coaches ability to keep a team unified.

Just doing his job. TBH (from an unbiased perspective), I’d pick Vandy too. There’s merit to those rumors, I’d say. A lot of “journalists” like Jimmy Hyams say there’s nothing to see here…..but could it just be because THEY don’t have the “scoop” 🤔? Seems like they’ve swung and missed on lots of things before 🤷🏼‍♂️
Infighting and jealousy…..especially if the coach is just trying to be a players guy….doesn’t magically disappear

During the Pruitt years he was ragging on UT fans, claiming since he lives in Nashville he has to deal with how delusional we are.

He was also bragging on us this year. He's an opportunist, that's it. Whatever gets views. If you ignore him, maybe he'll cry. Again.

True, but SC doesn’t have nearly the playmakers Tennessee does.

True. But think about it. This is absolutely the worst defensive performance we have seen since Heupel got here. Now kind you that’s playing top 5 teams like UGA and Bama for 2 years, LSU, Pitt (with an NFL 1st Rd pick) and others. Has our defense gotten worse and worse as the season has went on? No. As a matter of fact it was performing better. DL was playing much better and even the LBs were as well.

The secondary has been a weak spot forever but did they get torched by Bennett, Levis or Cook? No. My point is this. If we had been getting progressively worse as a defense then one could conclude this past game was a culmination. But that’s not the case. So what does that say? It was a one off horrible performance influenced by factors both on and off the field.

VN Store

Back