Henry To'oto'o's announcement

TennesseeTarheel

Sorry, but, this IS my day job.
I am always impressed by our player's poise and maturity when public speaking. I'm thinking there are some pretty proud parents when their sons make that great decision. In the link below, De La Salle football stars Henry To'oto'o and Isaiah Foskey share their big announcements. I can't wait to see Henry on the field!

I am always impressed by our player's poise and maturity when public speaking. I'm thinking there are some pretty proud parents when their sons make that great decision. In the link below, De La Salle football stars Henry To'oto'o and Isaiah Foskey share their big announcements. I can't wait to see Henry on the field!

That gray sure looks good

I've got to the point where I pretty much despise those big announcement ceremonies.

Welcome to the thread.

It's a big deal for theses kids. My daughter did it a few years back and they brought the whole student body in. It's never forgotten for the athlete. Lots of hours of sweat and dedication gets honored by peers and mentors. Anyone is welcome to tune out or stay home if they choose.

Must be a good athletic program to send two kids to Notre Dame and Tennessee. I'm not sure any seniors on my high school football team even graduated..
Only one of the best. Hold the record for most straight wins at 150+. He mentions Tosh Lupoi in his chat with reporter and Coach Lupoi was the DC at De La Salle for a while and was at Alabama before this off season, which he cites as main reason he didn't go. Several note worthy players went to De La Salle. Matt Gutierrez and Maurice Jones-Drew are the two big name players that people remember coming from there. You might also remember a guy by the name of Kevin Simon....former Vol LB that was from De La Salle.

Last edited:
Bob Kesling’s reaction when he found out he was going to have to pronounce “Henry To’oto’o”.

tenor.gif

Very impressive, articulate guy. I am really glad him & his family are now part of the Vol family. I think he's gonna be a great leader on & off the field.

Reactions: SCRocket
Only one of the best. Hold the record for most straight wins at 150+. He mentions Tosh Lupoi in his chat with reporter and Coach Lupoi was the DC at De La Salle for a while and was at Alabama before this off season, which he cites as main reason he didn't go. Several note worthy players went to De La Salle. Matt Gutierrez and Maurice Jones-Drew are the two big name players that people remember coming from there. You might also remember a guy by the name of Kevin Simon....former Vol LB that was from De La Salle.
Thanks for the info!

Reactions: topdog4tn
I've got to the point where I pretty much despise those big announcement ceremonies.

That's because for the last few years, the ones we really wanted have all been putting on some other teams' hat. With Pruitt and company of recruiters, that old scary time is going to come to a halt. Fast forward another year or two and you will look forward to them again because if we are in the hunt, you will be pretty confident it will be UT that gets chosen.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Nothing wrong with it. Especially if done the right way. I would rather not see the hat switch or other trickery, but if is kids we are talking about.

VN Store

Back