Hendon Hooker status? ***UPDATE - Torn ACL***

I am seeing so many low class people on social media laughing at this and saying TN fans deserved it. I am quickly losing my faith in people. I am a professor at another school in TN and I teach kids on the football team. You get to know them and you love them. This has made my weekend so much worse. People suck.

I am seeing so many low class people on social media laughing at this and saying TN fans deserved it. I am quickly losing my faith in people. I am a professor at another school in TN and I teach kids on the football team. You get to know them and you love them. This has made my weekend so much worse. People suck.
It will come back to bite them in the ass. You cant laugh at people getting hurt and not expect karma.

Not surprised to see it’s the ACL with the torque movement on that knee. You can really see it in the slow motion replays. Took mine out with a similar planted foot force motion.
I hope it’s just a minor tear and not a shred but sports medicine has come so far that most can be repaired these days.
Best wishes to Hendon for a speedy and successful recovery and going on to a great NFL career.

He'll get an ACL reconstruction using his own tendon from elsewhere in his knee. Doesn't matter if its partially torn or completely ruptured. Not going to be repaired.

Last edited:
Hooker has a unique run/stride and to be honest it would scare me when he'd take off running. He has a funky gait, almost hi-stepping and also he would plant one leg in a straight plank-like motion while trying to juke a defender . I expected him to be injured before this but I hope he is not injured bad and wish him well.

This is going to alter his awkward running style hopefully for the better and the future safety of his knees.
You never forget exactly what you did or how you blew a knee and will always attempt to avoid that specific movement action again. First it’s consciously avoided and then it just becomes subconsciously second nature.

Hate it so much for Hooker. Also will be praying for him.

Hooker went through a lot. He worked hard, stuck it out, improved and literally had everything staring at him. Then this……just devastating.

He’s definitely got the mentality to work through it. However 1st or 2nd round gives someone a lot more to work with than what he will have now. Not to mention he might not be ready until 2024 depending on the severity and rehab.

God bless Hendon Hooker.

He'll get an ACL reconstruction. Doesn't matter if its partially torn or completely ruptured. Not going to be repaired.

That’s cool. Got to love the advances in modern sports medicine.

Being that the rate of successful repair was under 50% and they opened your knee up down both sides back when I shredded mine, I was a no go on the trying to fix it and haven’t had a left ACL in decades.😆

VN Store

Back