Hendon Hooker status? ***UPDATE - Torn ACL***

Not surprised to see it’s the ACL with the torque movement on that knee. You can really see it in the slow motion replays. Took mine out with a similar planted foot force motion.
I hope it’s just a minor tear and not a shred but sports medicine has come so far that most can be repaired these days.
Best wishes to Hendon for a speedy and successful recovery and going on to a great NFL career.

Hooker has a unique run/stride and to be honest it would scare me when he'd take off running. He has a funky gait, almost hi-stepping and also he would plant one leg in a straight plank-like motion while trying to juke a defender . I expected him to be injured before this but I hope he is not injured bad and wish him well.

Man, this is devastating news. Will be praying for a full and speedy recovery for HH. So thankful for all the great memories he provided and for the absolute top shelf class he has shown in representing UT.

I took my sons to meet HH at a fan event over the summer and he is clearly a fantastic dude. My kids were at the Georgia State game, so they’ve been through the lowest. To be able to take them to the Bama and UF games this year is priceless after the lows.

Hendon will always be among the all-time greats to wear the orange.

Also, he better get to New York regardless.

Let's look for the positive here.
1. I get he misses a bowl game and I hate that for him but at least there is only 1 reg season game left in his career. He had an amazing season and I'd hate had he been injured sooner.
2. I understand how important a bowl win would be but it's not the end of the world and a loss would be expected losing your Heisman candidate.
3. If Milton is the guy next year he is getting a crucial game against Vandy. A tough test that is *supposed* to be an easy win. Milton needs this game. Then he would get a ton of practice with the 1s getting ready for the bowl. If he can be even a decent QB I'm not so worried about all of the starters leaving. Could still be another good year.

VN Store

Back