Hendon Hooker QB Transfer from VT

That’s what you have to do now. It means Bailey might be a dinosaur in todays game unfortunately.
At least on the college level.
Nope...
Bailey could function and even flourish in almost any offense. Look at Mac Jones for Alabama. It's still about playing QB and controlling the defense from the pocket.
Yeah its easy sometimes to play 11 on 11 with the QB being run threat. But if that dude can't throw...then you have 2019 8-5 Kentucky at best...

Reactions: butchna
Nope...
Bailey could function and even flourish in almost any offense. Look at Mac Jones for Alabama. It's still about playing QB and controlling the defense from the pocket.
Yeah its easy sometimes to play 11 on 11 with the QB being run threat. But if that dude can't throw...then you have 2019 8-5 Kentucky at best...
Bailey is very good at the short and medium routes, much better than JG. Longer developing routes he looks a little like JG. Slides in the pocket sometimes but at times is oblivious to the pressure which resulted in two fumbles against ATM. The jury is still out on him. Pocket passers can still exist but I expect their numbers will continue to drop each year until their nonexistent. Mac Jones benefits from Alabama’s OL. Jones,Trask and Burrow type players are going to be outliers within 5 years. It’s going to be all Mahomes and Justin Field type players in the near future IMO.

Reactions: LittleVol
Bailey is very good at the short and medium routes, much better than JG. Longer developing routes he looks a little like JG. Slides in the pocket sometimes but at times is oblivious to the pressure which resulted in two fumbles against ATM. The jury is still out on him. Pocket passers can still exist but I expect their numbers will continue to drop each year until their nonexistent. Mac Jones benefits from Alabama’s OL. Jones,Trask and Burrow type players are going to be outliers within 5 years. It’s going to be all Mahomes and Justin Field type players in the near future IMO.
So yes or no for Arch Manning ?

Don't know why some are bashing Bailey, it's not like he, or any of the Qb's have had a QB coach, they've all pretty much regressed under Pruitt and weinke.

So 2 good mobile QB’s coming in........any good coaches out there who uses mobile QB’s and a zone read O who might be inclined to come to Tennessee?

I know there’s a good one......just can’t remember his name.

Curious...since we have a hiring freeze in place, why are they allowing him to accept transfers? If there's a chance a new coach/staff will be hired by next as a result of this investigation, what if the replacement runs a scheme that doesn't suit this guy? What if they just don't mesh? Seems the kid would be in a bit of a bind and have some trouble finding a new home in the 11th hour? Does he have the opportunity to change his mind and reenter the portal?

All of a sudden, we go into 2021 with a better QB rotation if nothing changes.

Hooker is much better than Shrout.
Salter is most definitely better than JG.
Second year Bailey should be much better than 1st year Bailey.
Same for Maurer.

Hooker is a better runner than anyone with the exception of Salter, perhaps.

A year late perhaps, but at least we may have finally solved the QB riddle.
He's gained a total of 15 yards rushing at Virginia Tech; you sure about that?

The one thing that stands out to me the most watching him is he is a flat out competitor. He is so confident when his number is called...he is so confident to call his own number because he BELIEVES he is going to make a positive play. That swagger spreads across the team. They play faster...compete harder...they have fun. VT doesn’t have ELITE athletes by any stretch of the imagination but this kid makes those around him better. This alone makes every damn difference for our flat playing not confident poor performing nonproductive offensive players. This is huge on its own for us.
VT fans I know tell me Fuente was Pruittesque with the QB situation there. They hate he has left. As far as those pointing to the Clemson game...look at Dobbs vs Bama or Dobbs vs Ta&m...kept playing but disastrous turn overs against those teams.
This is why this pick up is great for Tennessee Football. We now have a true competitor at the most important spot on the field since 2016.

Reactions: DougAtkins91
Signing this kid makes me wonder if Pruitt is going to get fired and HB will transfer if that happens, his Dad's tweet earlier in the week would strengthen that thought......

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back