Hendon Hooker has 2 years to play for the Vols

Aerie Vol

That is all.

The sheer number of times folks have stated, "he only has this year" is mind boggling. Been posted correctly many times. Here's a thread with the title. Maybe it will help.

Please don't argue here about Milton/Hooker/Bailey. Yes, I know Milton has 3 to play, and Bailey 4. This thread is for info.

Thank you! Every thread Hooker is mentioned there will be several that say it’s his only season here.

Reactions: dduncan4163
That is all.

The sheer number of times folks have stated, "he only has this year" is mind boggling. Been posted correctly many times. Here's a thread with the title. Maybe it will help.

Please don't argue here about Milton/Hooker/Bailey. Yes, I know Milton has 3 to play, and Bailey 4. This thread is for info.

You mean we have two more years to suffer with this "you know who" type QB??

VT is a top 10 team this year. Why would he leave a really good team like that to come to this ground up rebuild if he can compete at that level? Looks like we are getting good teams rejects.

Reactions: lexkyvol and JRich
VT is a top 10 team this year. Why would he leave a really good team like that to come to this ground up rebuild if he can compete at that level? Looks like we are getting good teams rejects.

Most transfers are rejects. If they were productive players they would still be there.

No they're not. They upset a top 10 team, got overrated, and lost to an average west Virginia team. They aren't ranked.
Let's look at the QBs stats
Burmeister: 534 yards, 60.8%, 7.2 ypa, 4/1 TD/INT, 136.6 rating
Hooker: 392 yards, 70.8%, 8.3 ypa, 5/1 TD/INT, 171.1 rating
Also Hooker is a better runner as well, 6.3 yards per Rush, 3.3 for VT's guy. They would be a better team with Hooker on their team.

Michigan is similar. Great point.

In an ineloquent way, that was the point I was making. Particularly the longer a player plays before transferring. If they were doing well they would most likely be happy where they started out. Leaving your teammates after 3-4 seasons would be a tough decision.

That is all.

We may need to bump this thread daily to make sure the message gets across.

Thankfully he gets one more year due to COVID. It would be the most Tennessee thing ever if we finally get a rockstar QB, but only for one year lol.

That is all.

Perhaps because he's a redshirt senior and causal fans aren't used to the circumstance that would give him another year. It's easy to do. I've done it. Cut us some slack.

Perhaps because he's a redshirt senior and causal fans aren't used to the circumstance that would give him another year. It's easy to do. I've done it. Cut us some slack.

I’m not tracking. A Redshirt Freshman is still a freshman in terms of eligibility. You’re saying a RS Senior isn’t equivalent to a Senior in eligibility? I’m not sure that’s correct.

Velus Jones is a RS Senior and this is his last year of eligibility.

I’m not tracking. A Redshirt Freshman is still a freshman in terms of eligibility. You’re saying a RS Senior isn’t equivalent to a Senior in eligibility? I’m not sure that’s correct.

We get tied up on what UTSports slaps on a player. They have Harrison Bailey as a RS freshman and he has an unused RS. Hendan Hooker was a RS junior last season and it didn’t count against his eligibility. Velus was a redshirt senior last season.

I'm I wrong in thinking the only way a RS SR can come back is if they are granted a medical RS?
Either way it doesn't matter you're focusing on the wrong thing. I was simply stating what he is. He's playing so most people can easily forget the special rule that was made.
Edit: As Butchna just posted, we look at what sports sites say, and I'm thinking he's been listed as that on the TV stations that highlight him.

VN Store

Back