Hendon Hooker Frequency of TDs and Ints

LA vol7

Matt Wyatt of the MSST radio network this morning on WNSP radio this morning said that last year, in frequency of TDs per attempt, HH first in the country with a Touchdown every nine attempts, and on Frequency of Ints per attempt, again, first in the country with 1 int per (over) 100 attempts! Said he was unquestionably the #2 QB in the SEC. Thought that was very interesting. Special dude!

Matt Wyatt of the MSST radio network this morning on WNSP radio this morning said that last year, in frequency of TDs per attempt, HH first in the country with a Touchdown every nine attempts, and on Frequency of Ints per attempt, again, first in the country with 1 int per (over) 100 attempts! Said he was unquestionably the #2 QB in the SEC. Thought that was very interesting. Special dude!
I think he's #1.

Go Vols!

He can be the 6th best QB in SEC & still be great. Young (Bama) Levis (KY) Rodgers (Ms St) Richardson (FL) & Jefferson (AR). All good QBs. All capable of 4000 yd seasons. Like Hendon. CJH going to get him some yards.

He can be the 6th best QB in SEC & still be great. Young (Bama) Levis (KY) Rodgers (Ms St) Richardson (FL) & Jefferson (AR). All good QBs. All capable of 4000 yd seasons. Like Hendon. CJH going to get him some yards.

I think this is what makes playing here so interesting on offense. Those QBs are all capable, but I’m betting only 2 get there. Young and HH. The rest just don’t have the offensive capability to hit that mark.

I’m not gonna face a lot of pushback on this on this board, but I so don’t get the hype with Richardson at all. He had a 6/5 TD/INT ratio last year with less than 60% completion percentage. He wasn’t even the starter. Why is he suddenly Tebow?

(Also I’m sure this has been discussed on this board before, I’m mostly on the basketball one, so sorry for the redundancy if it exists)

As far as TD/INT goes anyone expecting him to maintain a10/1ratio is smoking crack. Those are aberrant numbers. Not saying he is gonna throw 40 int's just saying that number is likely gonna be closer to 40/15 this year. 3/1-4/1 is an outstanding TD/INT number anything better than that is aberrant and unsustainable..

For perspective here are some career numbers for some really good QB's
Peyton NFL 539/251 2.15/1 College 89/33 or 2.7/1
Brady NFL 624/203 3/1 College 30/17 1.8/1
Brees NFL 571/243 2.4/1 College 90/45 2/1

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

Richardson not good

I’m not gonna face a lot of pushback on this on this board, but I so don’t get the hype with Richardson at all. He had a 6/5 TD/INT ratio last year with less than 60% completion percentage. He wasn’t even the starter. Why is he suddenly Tebow?

(Also I’m sure this has been discussed on this board before, I’m mostly on the basketball one, so sorry for the redundancy if it exists)
I don’t get it either. Furthermore Mullen was considered a qb whisperer, maybe not a great head coach, but good qb guy. If Mullen couldn’t get him better, do you think their new coach will?

Reactions: JohnWardForever
As far as TD/INT goes anyone expecting him to maintain a10/1ratio is smoking crack. Those are aberrant numbers. Not saying he is gonna throw 40 int's just saying that number is likely gonna be closer to 40/15 this year. 3/1-4/1 is an outstanding TD/INT number anything better than that is aberrant and unsustainable..

I agree no one should expect the same type numbers.

However Heupel’s QB’s generally don’t throw a lot of int’s. He will take lower competition % over int rate……and has.

I wouldn’t expect to see double digit int’s myself. If so maybe 10 at the most with a bunch of TD’s.

Richardson at UF is garbage. That guy is bottom quarter of SEC QBs. It's hard to imagine he could get anywhere near 4000 yds passing.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Ok I'm going to bring up a subject I got flamed for last year. Naturally I think I was correct then, and even more so now.
Why, why on earth, do we not have our receiver on the non-play side of the field finish his route? It only happened a couple of times per game but when it did, it was obvious. On the times HH got pressure or didn't like the preferred route, and he began to see the pocket crumble, he would glance to the other side of the field and the receiver would be standing there next to his defender. This defense needs our O to convert almost every 3rd down and big opportunities were missed. Folks on the board said I didn't understand this offense and that he only needs half the field to run it.......but if Hooker wants to be drafted relatively high, CJH needs to demand the off-side receivers run and complete their routes every time. We have depth, this can be done, right?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

HH is better than all of them! GTFO
😂😂😂

Reactions: pimo1
I see TN fans making the same mistakes they usually make about UF QBs every year. Oh the UF QB is garbage, isn’t good blah, blah, blah. Yet when he plays us, AR will likely have the game of his college career.

I see TN fans making the same mistakes they usually make about UF QBs every year. Oh the UF QB is garbage, isn’t good blah, blah, blah. Yet when he plays us, AR will likely have the game of his college career.
Maybe so, but just because he puts up good numbers against us don’t mean he is anywhere near the qb the other three are and any less garbage than anyone says he is

Maybe so, but just because he puts up good numbers against us don’t mean he is anywhere near the qb the other three are and any less garbage than anyone says he is

I have a feeling he isn’t garbage. I mean the guy shined at the Manning passing camp. The guy has talent. He isn’t as good as Hooker, but I think he is going to be better than some think.

VN Store

Back