Help us Lady Vol Alumnas: you’re our only hope.

Ex-lady Vol players will understand that, if a coaching change is required, it will be the job of the AD. The AD may ask for input but I expect the relevant input will be provided by the play of the team.

As far as the replacement is concerned, if that is the route they take, I hope that the replacement is identified and locked in before the announcement so the transition will be instantaneous. A change of this magnitude will affect the lives of many and not just a couple of people so it has to be a sound and thought-out decision. Not the time for a knee jerk decision.

If a replacement is determined to be required, that person must not only be a great coach but a great administrator as well. This will not be amateur hour. The new person will probably clean house and bring their own people in. They will want people who understand their system and will have demonstrated loyalty. That new team will require time to implement their system and get the players trained.

Unlike football, a turnaround can occur quickly if there is talent, coaching and willingness of the players to learn and execute the new system but it can take a couple of years also. I doubt there is enough patience on this site for a prolonged turnaround. Many of the posters on this site turned into Negas during season 1.

Far too reasonable! This is not a time for calm but a time to panic! Fulmer must fire Holly right this very second and hire err, uh that guy on a message board who says he can do it! That's a gutsy AD move!

Star Wars as applied to current LV coaches:
These are not the droids you seek.

Go VOLS!!!

Coach J, you should send your resume to phat phillip, pronto! Beat the crowd.

I would whole-heartedly endorse the idea of hiring Kara as a mid-season replacement coach on an interim basis -- until a permanent replacement was hired in the off-season. Thing is, Kara has demonstrated her coaching ability while heading up the 3x3 U18 USA basketball squad to the World Championship. All reports out of that gig were that Kara was an amazing coach.

We've all heard her on TV making extremely intelligent comments and suggestions for adjustments, plays, etc. Her basketball brain is so impressive that she is often referred to as one of the best in the business.

Holly does NOT have a good brain for basketball. She has an excellent brain for understanding the intersocial aspects of sport -- an important quality for a great assistant -- but the technical side of basketball flies over the top of her head. And it always has. She did not magically become an analytical thinker capable of devising schemes and plays the day she took over the Big Chair, and she'll never be that kind of coach. NEVER. It is not in her DNA.

Kara, on the other hand, IS that kind of thinker. And right now, I believe someone of her intellect could very quickly improve the performance of this particular group of Lady Vols -- at least enough to get them safely into the NCAA Tournament so as to not blow the last truly amazing streak they still own.

Kara, as an interim coach, wouldn't have to worry about recruiting for the rest of the season. The rest of the staff could continue to handle that. Kara's main goal would have to be to teach the team a few new tricks that she herself has learned through YEARS of obsessive analysis AND personal experience.

I simply cannot think of anyone I'd trust more to finish out this season than I'd trust Kara.
A good read.

Far too reasonable! This is not a time for calm but a time to panic! Fulmer must fire Holly right this very second and hire err, uh that guy on a message board who says he can do it! That's a gutsy AD move!

YES!! Fulmer must fire Holly immediately and if not HE needs to go!!

And to replace her, they need to hire a orange sequined-fedora-wearing ex-AAU coach with no collegiate coaching experience much less D1!!! NOW!!! NOW!!! NOW!!! FIRE HER NOW NOW NOOOOOWWWWW!!!!

I know!!! Let’s start 176 Fahr Holly threads!!!! That’ll get it done!!!! It must be done NOW or I shall DIE!!! My very existence depends on them fahring Holly!!!!!

Sound about right? Aye chihuahua... 🤦🏼‍♀️

Coach J, you should send your resume to phat phillip, pronto! Beat the crowd.
I have it on "good authority" that if Coach J sends in his resume immediately, it would be one of 97 that have already been sent in to the AD. And that's counting only those who post here on Volnation !!

Last edited:
YES!! Fulmer must fire Holly immediately and if not HE needs to go!!

And to replace her, they need to hire a orange sequined-fedora-wearing ex-AAU coach with no collegiate coaching experience much less D1!!! NOW!!! NOW!!! NOW!!! FIRE HER NOW NOW NOOOOOWWWWW!!!!

I know!!! Let’s start 176 Fahr Holly threads!!!! That’ll get it done!!!! It must be done NOW or I shall DIE!!! My very existence depends on them fahring Holly!!!!!

Sound about right? Aye chihuahua... 🤦🏼‍♀️

That’s the spirit!

VN Store

Back