Help me out VN...

Farmervol74

I have not been to a game since 2014..I have taken all my kids to at least 1 game .hence my return ...it is my youngest daughters (11) first game, .Back in my younger years i spent a fortune every home game and away (1995-2000) frequenting several establishments on the strip and spent more time in front of the campus inn than i did attending any pre game traditions.....I am now older and wiser and want my daughter to have a great time.....questions-

Vol walk- best place to be, how early
Any suggestions on what all to do to make my daughters first game perfect...

Thanks for the help

No idea what thread to put this in...mods move if needed

Reactions: BelleVol
stand at the vol walk at stadium..dont be afraid to get up on the ropes.. cheer loudly and throw out your hands for high fives..good times

My son and I stood near the checkerboard crosswalk just past the statue. We got there about 45 min early for a front row seat. Jay Blakely came over to snap a pic with my son. Absolutely worth it

Reactions: Vo13
Do your research and present it to her and let her prioritize.
Vol Navy
Torche
I don’t know it I would mention the Book Store. There is a lot of neat stuff in there.

Go in early to watch the players warm up and about 5 minutes before kick off they run they the T. I always record that in my phone. My twins were born in 2013. I recorded the Vols running thru the T against South Carolina(My Wife’s 1st game,), when they would pitch a fit for anything I would play that video and they would chill out.

I took my daughter to a game when Heath Shuler was QB and my kid (13) was in love with him.We waited on the Vol walk and I got her as close as I could and she actually got to shake Heaths hand there at the top of the hill.I thought she would pass out.It's a memory I'll always cherish.Girls have an entire an entirely different view of FB as we macho men do! LOL

Since its going to be an unforgettable memory, I'd probably couple something into the activities that will stick with her.

I'd probably plan out the day, as you are, and park near market square and walk to the stadium or catch a bus from the holiday inn. On the walk to the stadium or the bus stop, I'd probably stop by the Lawson-McGhee library for 10-15 minutes and show her around, maybe look up something about the history of the Vols.

A 10-15 minute detour cold easily spark a future interest in her education as well as a love for UT and the Vols.

VN Store

Back