Help me hate Georgia more.

I never used to hate Georgia, but here’s why I do now:

They are only where they are because of Bama-level shady recruiting. Now we all pay folks under the table here and there, we know this, but Kirby does it at a “disrespectful to the game” level.

In 2016, Kirby’s first year, they went 7-5. They lost to us, lost to Florida, lost to Derek Mason’s Vandy, got humiliated by Ole Miss, and beat Nicholls State in a nail biter by 2 points.

The very next year they pulled the #3 class in the country. Right there with Ohio State and Bama, who were contenders. What in the world did 20+ four and five-star players see in year one that made them all want to jump on the wagon? Nothing. He just paid well enough. It’s been a snowball effect ever since.

After the 2019 season, LSU was the hottest team in all of football. Coach O was coach of the year, Burrow had won the Heisman, and they took the Natty. Every piece of sports media was all over them. Georgia had blown their season YET AGAIN in an inexplicable loss to South Carolina, and got worked by LSU in the SEC Champ game.

Guess who pulled the #1 class the next year… LSU? Nope. Georgia (who didn’t even make the playoffs)…… somehow….
So Tennessee also pays recruits under the table but you hate UGA because Kirby doesn it at a level "disrespectful" to the game? What? You're mad that he cheats better or doesn't get caught?

1. Their trashy ass cocky as hell fanbase
2. Their head coach Kirby looks like a toddler
3. Their Alabama mouths with a Vanderbilt Trophy Case

WE GONE WHIP THEY ASS

Reactions: VolArmy74
Roy Munson's "hobnail boot" call, is all you need. That and they have the worst fan base in the SEC. YouTube the hobnail boot call and you'll have plenty of disdain for them.

And yet if you were born one state to the south you'd love UGA fans. And you'd say that the Tennessee fan base was the worst in the SEC.

Their fans are grade A a-holes. They’re not nice people. I’ve never come across a kind UGA fan. Ever. This is why I hate them. Look no further than Uncle Lou. He’s the biggest pos of them all.

So Tennessee also pays recruits under the table but you hate UGA because Kirby doesn it at a level "disrespectful" to the game? What? You're mad that he cheats better or doesn't get caught?

Not better or smarter, he just cheats more. Much much more than anyone in the league outside of Saban. That’s why it’s annoying.

It’s one thing to really need that 5* linebacker on your squad, so you bend the rules. It’s another thing to go dropping cash on every top recruit you have a shot at. It’s painfully obvious that’s what Kirby has done since he’s been there.

It’s called the bump class, every coach gets it. It’s when you offer a vision and early playing time. For most coaches, it is their best class unless they win starting their 2nd year. Heupel is in his bump class right now. Most successful coaches have their ‘magical’ year in year #2. Expect TN to make a huge leap in wins next year. As for Smart and recruiting, Shannon Terry has stated, who Kirby wants, Kirby gets, he won’t be outworked. That’s from the guy who has owned Rivals, 247, and now ON3. No doubt he is a top 3 recruiter, why wouldn’t he have a top 3 class in a top 3 state of talent?

So you think it’s because of his “hard work?”

Come on man.

I have wondered, with rivalries with Bama, UGA, and Florida, who do Vols fans hate the most?
It use to be bama, then in the 90's it was fl, now it's the dawgs.
I married into a GA Tech family and my two daughters both recently graduated from Tech; so my dawg hatred has increased exponentially.
I'm going to the Tech game Sat and it is a 3:30 kickoff. When they announce the TN/GA score and TN is winning, the place will go nuts.
If you can't be at the UT/GA game, being at the GA Tech game is the next best thing. dawg hatred squared.

Here's something a lot of people don't know. The 'G' on Georgia's helmet stands for Generic. Georgia is a very generic program. Nothing that stands out as special. The Green Bay G logo is generic, the Bulldogs mascot is generic, grown men barking like dogs is generic. The Georgia Head Coach gets his bowl cut at Wal Mart. There is just nothing special about Georgia.

Reactions: VolInNW
Not better or smarter, he just cheats more. Much much more than anyone in the league outside of Saban. That’s why it’s annoying.

It’s one thing to really need that 5* linebacker on your squad, so you bend the rules. It’s another thing to go dropping cash on every top recruit you have a shot at. It’s painfully obvious that’s what Kirby has done since he’s been there.

So you're okay with cheating if it meets a team need, provided a coach doesn't cheat to get too many of the good players. Gotta leave some for other coaches to pay for. That's the way you think this should play out?

It use to be bama, then in the 90's it was fl, now it's the dawgs.
I married into a GA Tech family and my two daughters both recently graduated from Tech; so my dawg hatred has increased exponentially.
I'm going to the Tech game Sat and it is a 3:30 kickoff. When they announce the TN/GA score and TN is winning, the place will go nuts.
If you can't be at the UT/GA game, being at the GA Tech game is the next best thing. dawg hatred squared.
Congrats to you and your daughters on graduating from Tech. Great school. Enjoy the game Saturday but don't get your hopes up for what you'd consider good news flowing out of Knoxville. Gonna get sidways in Neyland by the second half.

Congrats to you and your daughters on graduating from Tech. Great school. Enjoy the game Saturday but don't get your hopes up for what you'd consider good news flowing out of Knoxville. Gonna get sidways in Neyland by the second half.
Thanks!
Maybe. TN has absolutely nothing to lose. It can only be good news or expected news.
The only thing that I am confident of is that GA will blow it at some point, if not TN then maybe GT.

I must admit that I know many great people who are dawg fans, and some of them are actually pretty good fans.
I also know many that are intolerable.
May "1980" forever remain the world's greatest comeback.

Thanks!
Maybe. TN has absolutely nothing to lose. It can only be good news or expected news.
The only thing that I am confident of is that GA will blow it at some point, if not TN then maybe GT.

I must admit that I know many great people who are dawg fans, and some of them are actually pretty good fans.
I also know many that are intolerable.
May "1980" forever remain the world's greatest comeback.
Yeah, there is that bad element of any fan base.

Reactions: luthervol
I still remember the 90s when we beat Georgia like 9 years in a row. Even when they fielded good teams, we still beat them relatively easily. We never seemed to have the same mental breakdowns vs Georgia that we have against Florida and Bama. Even into the 2000s and 2010s when they had better teams than us we stole some wins: 2004, 2007, 2009 and we even won back to back games with Butch in 2015 and 2016. I don’t think they own us mentally the way Florida does. Because of this I have never hated them the same way I hate Florida and Bama. Mark Richt was a class act. This Joevol guy seems like a nice guy too for a Georgia fan. Help me volnation to get fired up for this weekend and hate them the way I should. Any comments or reminders on the best reasons to hate them are welcome. Side note - there is Kirby - he is definitely moving me in the right direction. Nothing to like there.
During that same stretch we beat Bama 12 years in a row.

What proof or NCAA accusations do you have that Kirby cheats, other than your personal opinion/bias? Is UT not under investigation for cheating? Glass house?

So you think it’s because of his “hard work?”

Come on man.

Kirby has recruited in one of the best high school football states, or Bama, all of his career. He's also a good coach and players want to play for him because he's a winner and works very hard at his job. This is a recipe for success.

Let me get this straight.

This is a thread about hating uga on a Tennessee board, yet we have uga fans here all butthurt that we are saying bad things about......uga?

Lmao. Truly the most whiny, needy, passive aggressive fan base in sports.

VN Store

Back