Help for a young Vol fan in recovery

A friend from Volquest suggested that I post this here. I used to post long ago when this was on Rivals.
Two years ago many were affected by the tornado that swept through Tennessee. That night it almost took my son from me. He spent a few weeks inEast Tennessee childrens hospital. The team came to visit him. He had had a long path but is almost 100% and back to playing sports. We received a lot of help then and I hate to ask but still in need. He has a few rounds of oral surgery to fix the damage done when a metal pipe went through his mouth during the tornado. FEMA is no longer offering help and my insurance won’t cover most of it. I appreciate anything even if you just share with others.
Help for Gavin’s oral surgery due to tornado, organized by Sam S

A couple of people have asked on Twitter but this is specifically for his oral surgery. He had multiple teeth knocked out and chipped and it is going to take a few visits to get it all sorted out. At the time he needed to grow a bit more before they could do much. He will eventually down the road get implants.

A friend from Volquest suggested that I post this here. I used to post long ago when this was on Rivals.
Two years ago many were affected by the tornado that swept through Tennessee. That night it almost took my son from me. He spent a few weeks inEast Tennessee childrens hospital. The team came to visit him. He had had a long path but is almost 100% and back to playing sports. We received a lot of help then and I hate to ask but still in need. He has a few rounds of oral surgery to fix the damage done when a metal pipe went through his mouth during the tornado. FEMA is no longer offering help and my insurance won’t cover most of it. I appreciate anything even if you just share with others.
Help for Gavin’s oral surgery due to tornado, organized by Sam S
Donating, but Whiskey Tango Foxtrot with your insurance (and FEMA.)

Have you called your local TV station (or another one with a Consumer Help type thing) to call out the insurance company for abandoning care for your son? Public shaming seems to be the only way to get insurance companies to do the right thing these days. :mad:

Donating, but Whiskey Tango Foxtrot with your insurance (and FEMA.)

Have you called your local TV station (or another one with a Consumer Help type thing) to call out the insurance company for abandoning care for your son? Public shaming seems to be the only way to get insurance companies to do the right thing these days. :mad:
yeah I am pretty upset with the whole process. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: VolNExile
Good morning. Thank you so much for your help. And for sharing. Here is more of the story of the need:

This is for my son Gavin whom was severely injured two years ago in the cookeville tornado.

I wanted to explain in a little more detail what this is for. He suffered extensive injuries including crushed skull, traumatic Brian injury, broken eye sockets, major damage to his face, mouth and teeth. Broken ribs, collapsed lungs, entrapped muscles around his breaks and fractured vertebrae. The morning of the tornado I was told he wouldn’t survive. Then when he fought through that was told he’d never be the same. Gavin has made almost a full physical recovery. He is even playing lacrosse.

He still has a long way to go with his oral surgeries and due to the length of time from the disaster FEMA is no longer assisting and my current insurance won’t cover most of what is needed. What I have listed is only about half of the cost.

We were helped so much wt the time of the tornado as we lost everything (house and possessions) but have still not completely recovered financially or mentally.

Gavin is such a fighter and has proven he can overcome anything. His teeth are either badly chipped or missing (6-8 permanent teeth missing because of a metal pipe that went through both sides of his face. He is due back to the surgeon over Christmas break(what a way for a teenager to spend his vacation) and I am trying to gather these funds by then.

I am a hard worker, two jobs, and hate to beg, but sometimes we need help. Thanks to those that have already helped. If you have time or resources to give that is appreciated, if not a share or help keeping this up top and prayers are also appreciated.

Just wanted to let everyone know we are genuinely grateful for all the help. Whether it’s sharing, praying or donating. I am not one to generally ask for help but I’ve been humbled these past two years. I work two jobs to make ends meet and still can’t at times. There’s no way I’d be able to pay for this surgery on my own especially with Christmas upcoming and my work slowing down. Thank you all again for everything, I’ll never forget the help you all have given.

Reactions: Vol since 77

VN Store

Back