Heisman presentation. Stick it where the sun don't shine

20 years later and I haven't forgotten the obvious politically correct shun of a vol legend. The ridiculous campaign to give Woodson the trophy over Manning FOREVER delegitimizes this so called award . I refuse to watch to this day. Anyone more tolerant and forgiving than me?

I have never felt sorry for Manning and I will continue to not too.

His "GM" acumen is very poor and at the end of the day, he's done more in the last 5 years to hurt UT's Football Program than his 4 years helping it.

Strongly pushing Butch and Schiano almost completely killed the program.

Also, the jealously hatred between him and Tee (goes both ways) is just stupid.

Reactions: 2 people
I have never felt sorry for Manning and I will continue to not too.

His "GM" acumen is very poor and at the end of the day, he's done more in the last 5 years to hurt UT's Football Program than his 4 years helping it.

Strongly pushing Butch and Schiano almost completely killed the program.

Also, the jealously hatred between him and Tee (goes both ways) is just stupid.

Got a like from me...

Reactions: 1 person
Nothing makes Tennessee fans look dumber than complaining about how Peyton got screwed over 20 years ago.

Both were great candidates and Woodson's team was undefeated. Hence he won.

Manning threw a pick 6 in the loss to Florida....Big Game, got cold feet.

Yes, but Tennessee is owed a Heisman. Not a single person complained that Shuler deserved to beat out Charlie Ward in 1993. I won't even argue that Majors deserved it. Jim Brown was a better football player that year. But Manning was genuinely robbed.

David Palmer should have won it that year.(93)

And for the record, I have not watched or cared about the Heisman since 97.

let us not forget that the f***g azzhat Keith Jackson also contributed to PM's denial of the trophy

I hate that fat overrated POS

YOu're right. It's all his fault that Peyton played awful at Florida and then in the final game against Vanderbilt.

You're the perfect example of why our fan base is a laughingstock

Reactions: 3 people
Ever notice that Carl Pickens was on a serious contender for Heisman yet he played well on defense and offense. Many great defensive player in college football each season yet only once has a defensive player been seriously considered. And it was the one time to screw Manning over
That is not circumstancial

Pickens played defense in his freshman season only. In his sophmore and junior seasons, he strictly played WR

Woodson didn't have the better overall year, imo. But I do think he had more memorable moments/games. The Michigan St. one handed INT instantly put him on the national map if he wasn't already. And then the Big 10 championship game really was the deciding factor. He was everywhere that game.

20 years later and I haven't forgotten the obvious politically correct shun of a vol legend. The ridiculous campaign to give Woodson the trophy over Manning FOREVER delegitimizes this so called award . I refuse to watch to this day. Anyone more tolerant and forgiving than me?

Haven't watched it in 20 years.

Woodson didn't have the better overall year, imo. But I do think he had more memorable moments/games. The Michigan St. one handed INT instantly put him on the national map if he wasn't already. And then the Big 10 championship game really was the deciding factor. He was everywhere that game.

Maybe the OSU game, but not the Big 10 championship game. They did not have one yet.

Those of you trying to justify chuck woodson winning the h award are fighting an uphill battle.

His own team didn't even vote him the most valuable player of their team that year. That's all anyone needs to know about how msespn rigged the media campaign.

Those of you trying to justify chuck woodson winning the h award are fighting an uphill battle.

His own team didn't even vote him the most valuable player of their team that year. That's all anyone needs to know about how msespn rigged the media campaign.

Yeah because team votes that aren't national awards should dictate how national awards go.......

Pickens played defense in his freshman season only. In his sophmore and junior seasons, he strictly played WR

Almost true. Carl played a little bit of offense his freshman year (7 catches for 81 yards and 2 tds), started there and then moved over to defense where he was needed after injuries. Correct that he moved back to offense and only played there his last 2 seasons at Tennessee.

Almost true. Carl played a little bit of offense his freshman year (7 catches for 81 yards and 2 tds), started there and then moved over to defense where he was needed after injuries. Correct that he moved back to offense and only played there his last 2 seasons at Tennessee.

I didn't say he didn't play offense during his freshman season.

Not watching ESPN until an on-air apology is issued for the hypocrisy shown in the coverage of the incident involving Gaulden and the incident involving Mayfield.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back