Hefney

jason

gets the award for the most pathetic tackler ( if thats a word ) ever. how the hell does a senior still not know how tho tackle.? it's embarassing. kinda like my spelling.

I said in this forum a couple of months back that he has gotten worse every year. A couple of years back he was one of the best tacklers on the team and now it looks as though he could care less.:banghead2:

I usually dont say anyhting about players but HEFFNEY SUCKS!!!! Long pass and Perrilluex's TD was all on him. Senior can't tackle, cover long pass or line up right (Perilluex's TD). Weak link on this team.

He tries to be like Bob Sanders and just fly in and take people down, but instead he flies in and misses or flies in and bounces right off.

I seem to remember something about a safety should never allow anyone deeper than them...oh, and something about remembering to backpedal first, not stand still or run side to side, open up to the side the QB rolls to and take a 45 degree angle...

I learned this my freshman year of HS and it appears to be COMPLETELY lost on our safeties, Hefney included.

Heffney started the year as an All American and ended the year with out a hope of being drafted.

Why is he so bad this year?!?!?!?!? he is out of position alot. he gets beat alot. he looks afraid of contact a whole lot!!! What is his flippin deal. Never thought i would say this but kinda glad to see him go. that's bad cause i like the guy.

He's been exposed on coverage this year. I can't explain it either, but he definitely went from 1st day draft to 2nd day based on his performance this season.

I remember before the year started me and someone here got into a pissing match over who the leader of this team was. I was on Hefney's side, therefore I admit being totally wrong in my prediction.

If Hefney thought being named an All American made you a star he missed it. He got progressively worse. I talked to a former defensive back at UT who had a great pro career and he told me he was going to tell Chavis to get Hefney off the field. He was pathetic. He thought he was trying to protect his draft status and playing not to get hurt. Best way to insure that is put his butt on the bench.

I thought he had a disappointing season on the whole. I'm glad to have him and I think he's a great safety-- I just feel bad for him: this should've been his breakout season.

If Hefney thought being named an All American made you a star he missed it. He got progressively worse. I talked to a former defensive back at UT who had a great pro career and he told me he was going to tell Chavis to get Hefney off the field. He was pathetic. He thought he was trying to protect his draft status and playing not to get hurt. Best way to insure that is put his butt on the bench.

JJ McClesky?

I thought he had a disappointing season on the whole. I'm glad to have him and I think he's a great safety-- I just feel bad for him: this should've been his breakout season.

i feel bad for every single one of our seniors. they leave ut having accomplished absolutely nothing. it's strange to say, but their freshman year (2004) turned out being the best. you know something's wrong when thats the case.

gets the award for the most pathetic tackler ( if thats a word ) ever. how the hell does a senior still not know how tho tackle.? it's embarassing. kinda like my spelling.

He has been looking at draft status and money since spring training... I thought he was part of a point shaving scandel but he has played like a dog this year.. We would have done better without him and a walkon in his position..

He tries to be like Bob Sanders and just fly in and take people down, but instead he flies in and misses or flies in and bounces right off.

He made an attempt at a "shoulder tackle" tonight that would have been hilarious if it wasn't so serious. He comes flying in with a great angle but makes no attempt to wrap the guy up. He just lowers his shoulder and tries to knock the guy down. He bounced off like a pin-ball and the guy just kept running. How many times this year has he done that? It's like he forgot Tackling 101. Geez.

Biggest disappointment to very sad season. I wish we would quit moving people around that can't play in the secondary. He was a great corner in his early years so, KEEP HIM AT CORNER!!!!!!!!

He was a good captain this year and probably wishes he could have another shot at a few of those guys he missed. He will be easily replaced next season and will be remembered for his leadership.

Easily the biggest disappointment of the '07 Vols....did he even have a good game all year?

First off, Ive always defended Hefney...He's played a position that honestly, hes not big enough for and a because of the depth or there lack of, he was moved to safety...He was the only returning DB so he had the pressure of leading the guys back there and helping to teach them but man, has he been a bust...

VN Store

Back