Hefney snub

I saw that too - he just ignored the coach and the coach LET him get away with that...

After Albert Tohenia pretty much told the coaching staff to go to hell and Fulmer begged him not to leave the football team, I imagine it would be easy to lose respect for his authority.

Just because he didn't acknowledge it by stopping doesn't mean he didn't hear it. Look at any of our sports and you'll see that when the coaches are yelling at players they don't want the players to say anything, just to HEAR it. Hearing something doesn't require any response.

I have Tivo and I will check in the morning. My first impression was I saw CPF yelling, saw a player run by, and I got pissed. Then I saw another player come into the picture and stood there getting an ear full.

You are correct. At first I thought that the first one was Hefney, then realized he was still running to the sideline from the 5 yard line.

I have Tivo and I will check in the morning. My first impression was I saw CPF yelling, saw a player run by, and I got pissed. Then I saw another player come into the picture and stood there getting an ear full.

That's exactly what I thought happened. I saw the guy walk by and thought "I can't believe he didn't even slow down . . . Oh wait, I don't think that was Hefney."

I thought I saw Hef stand there and take his medicine like a man. I didn't see this snub everyone is talking about.

He made a mistake. A good coach would give some instruction in this case. Some eye to eye, stand still and look in my face instruction. So he either snubbed Fulmer or Fulmer doesn't know when a player needs some instruction.

This takes the cake as the most negavol comment of all time. I thought it couldn't get any lower, but then this attempt at blame comes out. Completely out of line, off base, out of reality, etc.

Hefney screwed up, he knew it, end of story. Fulmer had been in Hefney's chops in practice for three years. No need in doing on the sidelines during a nationally televised game. Fulmer got in a couple of reminders that he screwed up on Hefney's way to the bench.

VN Store

Back