Headhunters

7IlikeOrange7

Gr8 2 B A TENNESSEE VOL
Im excited to see our D play someone like florida mainly becuae i wanna see if we have that killer instinct youv seen in past years... like last year when junior rosegreen absolutely KILLED thomas brown from georgia.... that was insane absolutely insane! he lit his S*** up! I havent seen that outa our D yet someone who just kills people that come across the middle! LETS SEE IT what do yall think

I think that you haven't seen it because we have only played one game. Allen can put some big hits on people, Hefney has a big hit almost every game if you pay attention. As for the rest of our defense, I know our line is capable and the LB's are too. Give it time.

Originally posted by Nascarfish@Sep 13, 2005 12:50 AM
Simon is very hungry......he's gonna lay some licks for sure!!!
[snapback]141718[/snapback]​

I hope so, he was kind of quiet against UAB.

Originally posted by 7IlikeOrange7@Sep 12, 2005 11:13 PM
Im excited to see our D play someone like florida mainly becuae i wanna see if we have that killer instinct youv seen in past years... like last year when junior rosegreen absolutely KILLED thomas brown from georgia.... that was insane absolutely insane! he lit his S*** up! I havent seen that outa our D yet someone who just kills people that come across the middle! LETS SEE IT what do yall think
[snapback]141704[/snapback]​

I HAVEN'T REALLY SAW TENNESSE PRODUCE SO MANY CORNERS OR SAFETYS LIKE OTHER SEC SCHOOLS ONE COME TO MIND IS GEORGIA THEY ALWAYS HAVE BIG FAST AND GREAT SAFETYS. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE UT BLITZ AND TURN THE D LOOSE BUT WE HAVE THE TALENT BUT WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO USE IT.

We have plenty of headhunters Allen,Harlyson, Simon, Gaither, Mehalona, etc. Leak is gonna be runnin 4 his life i cant wait he is gonna be getting pressured so bad when we let the dawgs loose...

Leak before we hit him= :biggrin2: after we hit him= :crazy: or :snoring:

Originally posted by 7IlikeOrange7@Sep 12, 2005 11:13 PM
[snapback]141704[/snapback]​

Oh yeah, this one is going to be physical, if you think you're sick of hearing about Meyer and his "Greater than divine spread option" , can you imagine how our defense feels

Originally posted by Nascarfish@Sep 12, 2005 11:50 PM
Simon is very hungry......he's gonna lay some licks for sure!!!
[snapback]141718[/snapback]​

I'm glad you brought that up...it may be rust, but did anyone else think Simon looked like he was running around in circles trying to figure out where he was supposed to be? That was a big let down after the hype, no?

No doubt about it, Jason Allen is the man on D. If he keeps playing the way he did against UAB, we will have a first team All-American on our defense. I think the rest of our defense looks promising, but has not lived up to their potential. Our D-line is 0 for 1 this year in attempts at striking fear into the hearts of oppossing QB's, even though Hackney would just have to gain 30 pounds to play DE himself. And our LB's looked slow to commit...

At least this season we won't have to worry about much in terms of facing offense. Florida's offensive prowess has yet to be determined, LSU's offense looks rather average, and the rest of the O's we will face are sub-par at best. The SEC and the ACC both seem to have this problem, tons of great defense but overall unimpressive on offense save a few teams.

yeahi know we have some touch hitters... but what rosegreen did to brown last year was nothing short of absolute rape! and i havent seen anyone hit anyone in the secondary besides allen head up with shaud williams 2 years ago... he cleaned his clock but im sure thers been some but i just cant remember them... id like to see the kinda hit like eddie moore put on the florida back in 2001 in the swamp or 2 years ago at kentucky when gibril wilson hit the UK tight end... im talkin about hits like that!!

Those little Florida Reciever runts are gonna be knocked around like they owe our Defense a large sum of money.

I think it would be nice to have that guy back there who teams tried to avoid. I kept hearing that Ellix Wilson was that kind of guy, but for W/E reason Tennessee has only tried him at LB. I saw when he was recruited there was an article in a magazine saying his nickname for years had been "Ellix the bat". Apparently the guy likes taking peoples heads off. Anyone know why he has never saw the field much? :dunno:

VN Store

Back