Head coaching candidates...

Indiana Coach
Coastal Carolina Coach
Georgia State Coach
UAB Coach
Liberty Coach (I’d bet SCarolina gets him first).
CINCY Coach (another one?)
BYU Coach (would a Mormon like Knoxville?)
Ole Miss Coach (yeah, I know).

Reactions: Volbrando
I want one of these:

A young guy, real cocky with something like 5 wins on his resume.

Or

Son of a legend that coaches a small school and has a losing record

Or

Mid major coach that thinks his staff is the best staff in America. I'd also like him to use a lot of slogans, keep his best players on the bench and lie a lot

Or

A former Saban disciple that has never been a head coach and always acts like he has a mild concussion.
This is hilarious!!!

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
I want one of these:

A young guy, real cocky with something like 5 wins on his resume.

Or

Son of a legend that coaches a small school and has a losing record

Or

Mid major coach that thinks his staff is the best staff in America. I'd also like him to use a lot of slogans, keep his best players on the bench and lie a lot

Or

A former Saban disciple that has never been a head coach and always acts like he has a mild concussion.

My man, I do believe we can accommodate you! Sit back, and let us WOW you. Satisfaction, guaranteed.

Just give it to Tee and get the gump off our property. How much worse can it be. Let him be interim frog he rest of this year and even next if they wanna go cheap but keeping Beldar accomp,is he’s nothing. The product is garbage and he’s dumber than a bag of hammers.

Reactions: sona
So, the Pruitt experiment must end. This is beyond awful. I’d rather have Pittman than Pruitt and I don’t think Pittman is a star. We should’ve just targeted Mullen before UF was even in the market.

UT is on the cusp of being forever irrelevant. Just offer Stoops and Petersen so much money that it’s hard to turn down. If they still won’t come, get Freeze from Liberty and be done with this nonsense.
Mullen was offered the job. He was always going to wait for Florida...and did as both Kelly and Frost passed on the job.

Just give it to Tee and get the gump off our property. How much worse can it be. Let him be interim frog he rest of this year and even next if they wanna go cheap but keeping Beldar accomp,is he’s nothing. The product is garbage and he’s dumber than a bag of hammers.
Tee wasn’t even successful as an OC. We’d find out pretty quick how much worse.

I would take my chances with Gene Chizik before giving Pruitt another year. At least Chizik has a national championship on his resume.

Reactions: UTK
But fulmer needs to leave first. He never should've made the first hire. The guy was fired for having the game pass him by. And that was 15 years ago. So we let him be out of football all those years and then stroll in amd make a hire. My god were dumb
Ditto

Reactions: onevol74
Indiana Coach
Coastal Carolina Coach
Georgia State Coach
UAB Coach
Liberty Coach (I’d bet SCarolina gets him first).
CINCY Coach (another one?)
BYU Coach (would a Mormon like Knoxville?)
Ole Miss Coach (yeah, I know).

Just don't think this program can afford to take yet another chance with an "up and comer". This job is very different and this fanbase is at a breaking point. Many more responsibilities, toughest league and best coaches in the country. We need someone who knows what this league is like and can handle the stage. Right now we need Hugh Freeze. He's proven in the SEC. He's beaten Saban.

As for Fulmer not approving, he needs to go too as far as I'm concerned. He nixes hiring Freeze as the OC but then allows Pruitt to sign an assistant that he allegedly didn't interview? Then Pruitt fires Brumbaugh at halftime in the middle of the season forcing us into another buyout? Fulmer should step out of the damned way and reimburse UT for Brumbaughs salary.

There's no sure thing in coaching, but in Freeze, you have as close as you're going to find. I'm not looking to hire a choir boy. I'm looking for the best damned football coach I can get. Folks are saying we'll be the next Ga Tech if we don't turn this around soon. Hell, we're already there rapidly approaching Vandy status. Enough is enough. If we have to go through this crap again, no more pissing around. Hire Hugh Freeze and let's restore UT's non-existent football program. Screw the recruiting class. It's already toast and with the one time free transfer out there, I suspect we'll be losing some talent. So in effect, we're already starting over. Might as well go ahead and turn the page on Pruitt and Fulmer and get on with it.

Are you insane? Hell NO! No more taking risks with this hire. We need PROVEN. Freeze is the one sure fire guy out there. He's the one we have to get.

This is a tough spot. Hate it for Pruitt and the team. But, how his team responds & plays is on him. You get what you pay for with coaches.

This is a tough spot. Hate it for Pruitt and the team. But, how his team responds & plays is on him. You get what you pay for with coaches.

Sure as hell isn't the case at UT. We've spent an obscene amount of money on Dooley, Butch and now Pruitt. The ROI is beyond pathetic.

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back