Head coaching candidates...

But fulmer needs to leave first. He never should've made the first hire. The guy was fired for having the game pass him by. And that was 15 years ago. So we let him be out of football all those years and then stroll in amd make a hire. My god were dumb
In hindsight it was a bad hire. At the time it wasn’t. Strong championship team coaching experience. Look at Jimbo, Smart , Pittman and others, They may not be Saban but they are good.

Last edited:
Freeze won’t be there to get, lot of chatter from South Carolina on freeze, Muschamp will be done after this year

Reactions: Malivol
We won’t make the hire. Freeze will go to Auburn and we’ll hire another bottom feeder.

The UT admin does NOT care about football anymore. We are the new Vandy until we see a drastic culture change.

Reactions: TN1111 and onevol74
Who you got besides Hugh Freeze?
Fulmer X'd Pruitt from hiring Freeze as OC. Zero chance Freeze comes here unless Fulmer n Pruitt r fired simultaneously. Which is what's needed and immediately. Make Chaney interim as b4. Hire Blackburn as AD. Get Freeze to sign contract, and keep it quite, till season ends.

What’s the point of keeping onto a coach that’s not going to get it done? Just sets us farther back

Might as well put this thread on hold for a couple of years unless you want to contribute to the buyout. Or you can start one of those gofundme accounts. Good
Luck.
We already are. Each of us buys merchandise, tickets, etc. The university is no longer going to be getting my money if they show they don’t give a damn.

The only coaches that could turn this program back into a power will never be hired here so it's pointless talking about it. Think I'm gonna go watch the 2nd half of the '16 TN/FL game on what good half-time adjustments looks like.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Urban Meyer would be my #1 then Hugh Freeze. Both pipe dreams. Meyer wouldn't come here, and TN ad wouldn't hire Freeze.

Cutcliffe is getting older. Give him the 2 or $3M That Chaney and Tee are making. Tell Pruitt to stay away from the offense and let Cut work his magic (from the head down). That should take care of the short term and get the program back on a winning path. Deal with Pruitt based on his progress in a couple of years.
If Cutcliffe can’t turn the offense around then the problem is definately in the adm.

VN Store

Back