He is a colossal douche canoe but Lame Kitten nails it

Barring some kind of really unique circumstance (e.g., an extreme amount of success in a short period, or a school who has an extreme amount of coaching turnover), it is hard to say a coach who stayed 4 years at a school is the greatest coach in that school's history. If Bear Bryant didn't go on to do what he did at Alabama, there's no way you're saying he's the greatest coach in A&M's history.

There are probably 4 A&M coaches who I'd say had better tenures than Bryant's at A&M. And it isn't because he was bad; he just wasn't there for very long.
Didn’t this start as their ‘best coach in modern times’? It’s fair to say that Bryant was a better coach than R.C.

lol. TAMU can do much better than Lame.

Really? LIke who? I think Kiffin would be a home-run hire for A&M.

Fisher, as I predicted, was vastly overrated as a head coach. He coached a big program in a weak conference. That's how you get overrated. Same reason Bobby Bowden was overrated.

Really? LIke who? I think Kiffin would be a home-run hire for A&M.

Fisher, as I predicted, was vastly overrated as a head coach. He coached a big program in a weak conference. That's how you get overrated. Same reason Bobby Bowden was overrated.
If Bobby Bowden is overrated so is pretty much every college coach of all time.

Last edited:
If Bobby Bowden is overrated so is pretty much every college coach of all time is.
I think that's what 95% of the posters in this forum think. My personal favorite was the guy who came in here (can't remember who) and said that Bill Snyder was overrated.

Sure, but Ole Miss was also able to beat Bama a few years ago back to back. They had some nice defensive pieces back then too. So it is possible. He just doesn't put enough focus on defense.

Maybe he puts his name out there for the Texas A&M job where he has no excuse to not get recruits.

I think A&M could do worse. That might be a good marriage right now.

Key is that Lane likes the Ole Miss situation because it doesn't have quite the pressure and fits his personality better. He can run the ship there without issues.

VN Store

Back