HBO's "Game of Thrones"

Tbh, I'm surprised McGill didn't love this ending. Basically the villains died and the heroes got a rosy, 20 minute Return of the King-esque sendoff.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I think we just hit level alert yellow.

butthurt_level_advisory_system_by_l33tn3rdz-d5whpz6.jpg
Like I said, just watched all of it recently. I enjoyed it but it was a let down this final season. Is what it is.. not butthurt.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Ok... I'm a fan and I didn't think that.
Martin hates fans, and his whole schtick is building expectations and then subverting those fair expectations. He loves sticking it to whatever you want to call the people who have invested vast amounts of time in following this.

He is the ultimate troll.

I don't think he wants to be anything..probably just find him another ginger minge and make some little Wildlings..and chug Natty ice and Ice fish with Tormund on weekends..

Bran basically set Jon free to go live with his other family - the Night Watch has no real purpose any more other than helping wildlings out but Grey Worm don't know that.

Martin hates fans, and his whole schtick is building expectations and then subverting those fair expectations. He loves sticking it to whatever you want to call the people who have invested vast amounts of time in following this.

He is the ultimate troll.
You've got it wrong I think. I believe the stories will be more aligned with what we want. That way he'll be the hero.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to find out.

You've got it wrong I think. I believe the stories will be more aligned with what we want. That way he'll be the hero.

what is it you want? what were the different outcomes you think "we" want and why do you think GRRM is on the same page with you?

I don't think so, but I do think he will make it make better sense. He is an extremely talented writer...I just hate his story now.

That article that was posted makes a fair point. You go from a 3ER that lived in isolation from humanity to a 3ER that's king. It seems to go against what a 3ER is supposed to be. Bran as king just seems so wrong somehow. I just don't truly understand that part. If that was the goal all along, they really should have delved into his character more.

We missed the slow build to explain the choices the characters made. That said I don't have a problem with those choices; just the rush to get there.

It's as if the unsatisfactory payoff has ruined the whole journey for some. They provided us with 70 hours of riveting story and they don't owe us anything. The reason the journey was awesome is because they didn't do things simply to keep fans happy. They kept it real. If you wanna show where everything ends up with a nice bow on it, there are plenty of those.

I sincerely hope I don't see these crying ass losers in the Watchmen thread. If you swore off HBO, we don't want to hear from you again.

Reactions: volinbham
It's as if the unsatisfactory payoff has ruined the whole journey for some. They provided us with 70 hours of riveting story and they don't owe us anything. The reason the journey was awesome is because they didn't do things simply to keep fans happy. They kept it real. If you wanna show where everything ends up with a nice bow on it, there are plenty of those.

I sincerely hope I don't see these crying ass losers in the Watchmen thread. If you swore off HBO, we don't want to hear from you again.
I just hope Watchmen doesn't suck.

Horsecrap..the reason it is horsecrap is that this is a symbiotic relationship. Neither creators or consumers get anything without the other..so yeah...they owe you something.

The problem is the journey was great...the first 6 seasons and then they forgot the journey and mad blitzed to end the show for some reason.

Reactions: Smokeytom

VN Store

Back