HBO's "Game of Thrones"

The NK obviously saw Jon as the real threat since he was beaten before in ancient history by a similar strong male character, he was having no part of it this time. He put his army of wights and his dragon specifically in Jons way. It had to be somebody else, and Arya was the only one with the specialized training to do it.
I actually like that way of looking at it.

Reactions: volfan4lyfe
Disagree. I'd say they are split fairly evenly.
eh. how many powerful women have been killed off? Catlyn Stark and Lady Tyrell? the women in the show have done the most growing, and have been, or have become in some cases, the most cunning characters in the show.

Ned, Robb...both dead because they didn't pay attention to the big picture...Ned too idealistic to last, Robb, well, he was thinking w/his you know what....(can't blame him really lol)....Littlefinger...dead, underestimated the stark girls......Kahl Drago, dead, Dany's brother, dead because he was an ego maniac that had no clue (one of the best death scenes in the entire show)....all the baratheon men, dead and all for being stupid.......Taiwen Lannister, dead....took Tyrian's whore and underestimated both his sons, and daughter......even the last two male kings of the 7 kingdoms were children being led by cerci or they tyrell queen wannabe, and both wound up dead....one was a psycho path a lot of people wanted dead, the other was to weak minded to be an effective leader, as evidenced by his cowardly suicide.....

the only two men that have any power, and have been there they whole time are Jon Snow and Tyrian. and both had to rise up from meager beginnings....real struggle as characters. both had a lot to overcome and both have natural leadership ability. but that's really it. maybe you make a case for Euron Greyjoy, but as of now, he's just a servant to Cerci. Jamie...he's no real power either....Cerci's lachey, and now a man w/out a house....

again, i don't have any issue with it all, i think it's enhanced the show more than not....but it is what it is....and i'm still not saying that's a mary sue intent or anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokeytom
The NK obviously saw Jon as the real threat since he was beaten before in ancient history by a similar strong male character, he was having no part of it this time. He put his army of wights and his dragon specifically in Jons way. It had to be somebody else, and Arya was the only one with the specialized training to do it.
couple things....
1. i don't think the NK saw anyone as a threat, except Bran. he used the wigts and dragon because he could. if Jon was his main antagonist, there may very well have been an intent on the NK's part to face off with Jon. and he chose not to....he was going to get Bran. no time for this guy.....bigger fish to fry at the gods tree.
2. there was never any specific plan for Ayra to be the NK's killer, at least in the battle plans leading up to that episdoe. she didn't even get the notion to be that person until she had the conversation with Mel. so it wasn't a concerted effort to get her there because of her specific training etc....

the plan got thrown out the window very early in the battle, and they were off script, so to speak, from the time they decided to light the trench until it was over.

Ayra killing the NK, was a spur of the moment deal.

I'll just say "wait for it to unfold."

I'm prepared next episode to lose two more significant characters.
I’m not so sure. I’m not even thinking there will be another great “battle”. I’m thinking they tie it up nicely with Jon and Danni ruling out peacefully with rainbows and unicorns.....bleh

It was a great episode better than most feature films. How anyone could complain about it, the plot, the characters, really anything in any way blows my mind.
It’s only the biggest show on television maybe ever. I think disagreement and complaints are too be expected.

I loved it. Wish there could’ve been some sort of showdown with Jon and the NK though. The dragon scenes were great, but I thought we’d see some sword combat. I really liked Arya taking him out and all that came with it. The move she used was one we’d seen before with her sparring with Brienne. She snuck up on Jon in the Godswood In ep1. And of course the knife that started it all!

She was destined to be more than just a respectable fighter or some angry girl who gets her revenge. Hell, she’s arguably the most dangerous person in Westeros. Now she’s the savior of the entire seven kingdoms.

couple things....
1. i don't think the NK saw anyone as a threat, except Bran. he used the wigts and dragon because he could. if Jon was his main antagonist, there may very well have been an intent on the NK's part to face off with Jon. and he chose not to....he was going to get Bran. no time for this guy.....bigger fish to fry at the gods tree.
2. there was never any specific plan for Ayra to be the NK's killer, at least in the battle plans leading up to that episdoe. she didn't even get the notion to be that person until she had the conversation with Mel. so it wasn't a concerted effort to get her there because of her specific training etc....

the plan got thrown out the window very early in the battle, and they were off script, so to speak, from the time they decided to light the trench until it was over.

Ayra killing the NK, was a spur of the moment deal.
I did not say it was pre planned. Where the eff did you get that from?And I disagree about the NK not seeing anybody besides Bran as threat, he was beaten before by a man. He wanted no part of facing off with Jon.

Last edited:
It’s only the biggest show on television maybe ever. I think disagreement and complaints are too be expected.

I loved it. Wish there could’ve been some sort of showdown with Jon and the NK though. The dragon scenes were great, but I thought we’d see some sword combat. I really liked Arya taking him out and all that came with it. The move she used was one we’d seen before with her sparring with Brienne. She snuck up on Jon in the Godswood In ep1. And of course the knife that started it all!

She was destined to be more than just a respectable fighter or some angry girl who gets her revenge. Hell, she’s arguably the most dangerous person in Westeros. Now she’s the savior of the entire seven kingdoms.
I don’t think the knight king actually did anything other than stab Theon. That was the extent of his combat.

I’m not so sure. I’m not even thinking there will be another great “battle”. I’m thinking they tie it up nicely with Jon and Danni ruling out peacefully with rainbows and unicorns.....bleh
Here is your chance to quit watching what is obviously a waste of your time...bye.

I did not say it was pre planned. Whete the eff did you get that from, and I disagree about the NK. He wanted no part of facing off with Jon.
they way you were talking about her being the only one with the skill set........that had nothing to do with it. Arya made the decision on her own....no one even knows who killed the NK, except her and Bran. if you didn't intend that, then i just read it wrong...just how i took your comments on it. no effing biggie............lol.

and, eh, the NK wasn't worried about Jon at all. i think he recognized that he was important to the living, but i never got the impression in any of the episodes they were featured in, that the NK has it out for him individually, or that he was worried about facing him..... let the peasants and my pet deal with him...i'm going after the 3 eyed raven....my real objective.

and settle down lol.

Reactions: VolNExile

Yea, the Stark children are all pretty special (except for Rickon, he kinda got screwed in all this). Makes me interested to see what's in story for Sansa. Arya became a skilled fighter and killed the NK. Not sure where else she can go from there. Jon, even though he turned out not to be one of Ned Stark's kids, has the most rightful claim to be the Targaryan heir to the iron throne. And Bran of course became the 3 eyed raven and can see throughout current time and history. Even Robb became King in the North for a while and waged a good war against the Lannisters till he screwed that up.

Sansa? Her story has been one surrounded by suffering, politics and strategy. I'm looking forward to seeing where she goes from here.

Last edited:
they way you were talking about her being the only one with the skill set........that had nothing to do with it. Arya made the decision on her own....no one even knows who killed the NK, except her and Bran. if you didn't intend that, then i just read it wrong...just how i took your comments on it. no effing biggie............lol.

and, eh, the NK wasn't worried about Jon at all. i think he recognized that he was important to the living, but i never got the impression in any of the episodes they were featured in, that the NK has it out for him individually, or that he was worried about facing him..... let the peasants and my pet deal with him...i'm going after the 3 eyed raven....my real objective.

and settle down lol.
I'm just saying in retrospect, considering the circumstances...she was the only one that could do that.

I think he's aiming that more at she was "intended" by the fates/ gods/ whatever. Kinda like how Bran told Theon that everything he did or went through was why he was there to defend Bran.

I think he's aiming that more at she was "intended" by the fates/ gods/ whatever. Kinda like how Bran told Theon that everything he did or went through was why he was there to defend Bran.
agreed....that's kinda how i felt about it, especially after the conversation she had with Mel.....there was a defeinite sense of "fate" in that episode for sure..........theon, Bran, NK, Arya, Mel, Beric, the hound......Jorah, Sam....could go on, but you think about how each of htose characters played off one another, and how each affected the other at different points in the story.....

all designed to get them to this point in time....their purpose for making it this far....

Exactly...I thought that was obvious. The way different peoples minds work is a mystery to me. I guess it's a mystery to almost everybody really 🤔

Exactly...I thought that was obvious. The way different peoples minds work is a mystery to me. I guess it's a mystery to almost everybody really 🤔
well, say what you mean then?

He put his army of wights and his dragon specifically in Jons way. It had to be somebody else, and Arya was the only one with the specialized training to do it.

based on this post, none of what you said after is "obvious"....there's nothing in here about god's intentions or fate etc..... your reasoning here is based only on 2 things....Jon's unavailability to do it, and Arya's skill set. you left a lot up to interpretation, so i commented on it. there's no mystery there. chatsworth interpreted another way....

that's it. if you want to make a point, make it. don't get up on that high horse and talk about how everyone else has a problem because they can't read your mind......

Last edited:
This is a pretty funny breakdown of the episode. People that are sensitive about the show probably won't like it (it's not that critical, though).

VN Store

Back