HBO's "Game of Thrones"

You know honestly I wish Jon had never told Sansa or Arya he was Aegon. It lead no where and really seemed pointless to the story, overall. Dany seemed to completely forget about it by the end anyway.

It legit only served one purpose, a reason to eliminate Varys which you didn't since he was already switching his alliance to Jon anyway.
It was a major contributor (among other things) to Dany torching KL. The person she loved "betrayed" her. She had no love in Westeros or whatever it was she told Jon.

There'll probably be more to the story if GRRM goes that route in the books.

Reactions: VolNExile
It was a major contributor (among other things) to Dany torching KL. The person she loved "betrayed" her. She had no love in Westeros or whatever it was she told Jon.

There'll probably be more to the story if GRRM goes that route in the books.

They didn't really do a great job of writing that as the tipping point. Honestly felt seeing Missandei beheaded was the biggest motivator, but I'm sure the writers would point to Jon's betrayal, Varys' and even Tyrion's (wonder if she knew before or after torching?).

I'll be very shocked if the books take that route, considering Aegon is a completely different character which Tyrion is currently traveling with anyway. But we shall see, there is speculation still Jon is actually Aegon and the other just a plant. The show has of coursed ruined that "twist" if it was originally present.

They didn't really do a great job of writing that as the tipping point. Honestly felt seeing Missandei beheaded was the biggest motivator, but I'm sure the writers would point to Jon's betrayal, Varys' and even Tyrion's (wonder if she knew before or after torching?).

I'll be very shocked if the books take that route, considering Aegon is a completely different character which Tyrion is currently traveling with anyway. But we shall see, there is speculation still Jon is actually Aegon and the other just a plant. The show has of coursed ruined that "twist" if it was originally present.
Spoiler if you haven't finished the books that are out
Tyrion isn't with the book Aegon anymore. They left with the Golden Company after Tyrion got kidnapped by Jorah.

Supposedly it's young Aegon over in Essos I think. The one Jon Connington has been taking care of? It wouldn't surprise me if Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar/Lyanna though. I think that's been speculated for years. Might just be a different named son of Rhaegar. If true I doubt young Aegon has much life left in the books since he would be the heir to the Targaryan throne.

Spoiler if you haven't finished the books that are out
Tyrion isn't with the book Aegon anymore. They left with the Golden Company after Tyrion got kidnapped by Jorah.

True, I had forgotten about that. Still he's also not with Dany as of yet either.

Reactions: oUTlaw
60558457_10102397890794624_4767099208169684992_n.jpg

60857602_10102397890749714_8834616495146270720_n.jpg
Pretty sure GW has a penis, just not testicles.

Was she really insane, or did she just follow Olenna's advice and go full ruthless Dragon? I think people are missing the distinction. The show seemed to try to have it both ways. Aerys was insane, he had hallucinations and heard voices..there was zero indication of that from Dany...ever....ever. I don't think she was crazy. This is why I have had such a meltdown over this nonsense...it makes no sense to me. She didn't go Hitler crazy, she went Uncle Joe Stalin ruthless.
I guess it's up to interpretation as the weak storytelling doesn't truly point either way. I'd rather think she had a break with reality rather than a villainous turn. You can have a nervous breakdown and lose your **** without hearing voices. There's more to mental illness than schizophrenia.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
They got nothing

Unsullied
Varys said that he was cut "Root and stem".

Also Jon is R+L=J for sure in the books too. Also the mystery of Jons parentage, his conception, his destiny...hell every dang thing to do with him is NOTHING but a huge red herring troll job by GRRM. It meant absoulte zilch in the long run.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I guess it's up to interpretation as the weak storytelling doesn't truly point either way. I'd rather think she had a break with reality rather than a villainous turn. You can have a nervous breakdown and lose your **** without hearing voices. There's more to mental illness than schizophrenia.
I hope Martin fleshes this out better. It is going to test his skill as a STORYTELLER to make it all make sense to me. He is a great WRITER...that is beyond question, but those two things are not the same, or even mutually exclusive.

Hell even Heisenberg/Walter White got a moment of redemption, and a shred of regained humanity at the very end of Breaking Bad...but then again Vince Gilligan is a great writer and storyteller. He tells you right up front what is gonna happen, and then mesmerizes you into being drawn in. No shock artist BS..

Last edited:
Reactions: Aesius
Most complex: Tyrion. Hand of the King, Hand of the Queen, betrayal of his house, betrayal of his Queen, Hand of the King

Least complex: Bronn. Waste of a character.

Most likable: Renly. Briene's cry during his death scene was so sad.

Most despised: Joffery, that little ****.

Funniest: The Hound. Sandor reminds me of Sopranos humor, the GREATEST SHOW OF ALL TIME.

Saddest: Dany. My girl. Just needed Ser Jorah to level her out. :(

One you didn't want to see die: Cat. I knew it was coming, but didn't want it to be so. Loved the character.

One you really wanted to see die but made it through eight seasons: Bronn. Worthless character.

One you were rooting for to have good things happen to them: Dany. Again, needed Ser Jorah and Misandei to level her out.

One you rooted against and wanted bad things to happen to them: Cersei. ***** had it coming, ****.

Gave you a like for the "Sopranos".

Ramsay Bolton could qualify for the Most Despised. That ****er met a fitting end.

The Hound (Sandor) was my favorite, not only did he have the best lines, he was gruff but really had a big heart and protected both Arya and Sansa Stark.

"Hello Big Brother."
We all just knew that this Super Brawl was going to happen.

tumblr_prmxhw5aAs1qmob6ro1_400.gif

I hope Martin fleshes this out better. It is going to test his skill as a STORYTELLER to make it all make sense to me. He is a great WRITER...that is beyond question, but those two things are not the same, or even mutually exclusive.

I would say the opposite, his storytelling is great, but he writes in pidgin English, it's a slog to get through his style but the story makes it worthwhile

Reactions: tvolsfan
Gave you a like for the "Sopranos".

Ramsay Bolton could qualify for the Most Despised. That ****er met a fitting end.

The Hound (Sandor) was my favorite, not only did he have the best lines, he was gruff but really had a big heart and protected both Arya and Sansa Stark.

"Hello Big Brother."
We all just knew that this Super Brawl was going to happen.

tumblr_prmxhw5aAs1qmob6ro1_400.gif
I love how in the penultimate episode he basically told her, "You want to be like me? You'll die in this place." Sandor saved Arya in the end. That was a good bit of writing we forget about while complaining about the ending.

This thing of ours, eh. makes hand gestures

I would say the opposite, his storytelling is great, but he writes in pidgin English, it's a slog to get through his style but the story makes it worthwhile
He is no Hemingway, but there is nothing wrong with his writing style. If you aren't in to heavy medieval history, he probably isn't your thing.

VN Store

Back