Should be a night game.
Have LSU vs Auburn should be 3:30
Alabama Vs Arkansas 12 all day
Texas A&M vs Miss state 12 most definitely

That leaves
Tennessee vs SCjr
And
Mizzu vs Kentucky

So no way Tennessee vs SC jr isn’t a night game.

And if we get out of Bama healthy it should be an AWESOME ENVIRONMENT!

Just don’t booo the dang coaches when they run the ball. They know more than most of you how to win.

It'll be my sons' (14 yr old and 12 yr old) first true Tennessee game. I've took them to some orange and white games, but not a real game. I've not been to a TN game since the 07 SEC championship and I've not been to Neyland since the UAB game in 98. I really hope it's a night game, the stadium is rocking, and TN kicks the crap out of S. Carolina.

GBO

Should be a night game.
Have LSU vs Auburn should be 3:30
Alabama Vs Arkansas 12 all day
Texas A&M vs Miss state 12 most definitely

That leaves
Tennessee vs SCjr
And
Mizzu vs Kentucky

So no way Tennessee vs SC jr isn’t a night game.

And if we get out of Bama healthy it should be an AWESOME ENVIRONMENT!

Just don’t booo the dang coaches when they run the ball. They know more than most of you how to win.

I agree, wtf is it about throwing the ball that makes drunks ( and especially drunk females it seems) want to pass every down? Chaney throws it around too much for my tastes but I'm not standing screaming that the off tackle play is there all day. (of course currently the off-tackle isn't there very often but you know what i mean lol)..

Last edited:
Reactions: vols1707
It'll be my sons' (14 yr old and 12 yr old) first true Tennessee game. I've took them to some orange and white games, but not a real game. I've not been to a TN game since the 07 SEC championship and I've not been to Neyland since the UAB game in 98. I really hope it's a night game, the stadium is rocking, and TN kicks the crap out of S. Carolina.

GBO

Nothing like the first game with your kids. My daughter's was the SC game in 13

Reactions: TN-POSSUM

GBO
I hope you guys have a great time.
I was 17 and went with my Dad to my first game vs Notre Dame in 99. Definitely a great memory we still share. I was hooked from that point on and here i am posting on VN 20 years later.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
I was 17 and went with my Dad to my first game vs Notre Dame in 99. Definitely a great memory we still share. I was hooked from that point on and here i am posting on VN 20 years later.
Wow you went to a heck of game for your first time. I still claim that was the best crowd I have heard. We were up big in the 3rd quarter and the fans still wanted more! It was rocking that night!

My first Vol game was against Bama in 1971 or 1972, I can’t remember which. They came back in the fourth quarter to beat us, I remember that much. My girlfriend and I sat up on the “hill” (this was before they enclosed the North end zone) and they opened the gates in the 4th quarter where we could all get inside. Even with a loss, it is a fond memory. And by the way, my ”girlfriend” and I will have been married 45 years this December. God is good...

My first Vol game was against Bama in 1971 or 1972, I can’t remember which. They came back in the fourth quarter to beat us, I remember that much. My girlfriend and I sat up on the “hill” (this was before they enclosed the North end zone) and they opened the gates in the 4th quarter where we could all get inside. Even with a loss, it is a fond memory. And by the way, my ”girlfriend” and I will have been married 45 years this December. God is good...

Awesome story!

Thanks, I hope they get to see a good game.

My dad took me to the opening game of the 85 season, against UCLA. I can remember us sitting about 20 rows up in the north endzone. Pregame, The Pride of the Southland Band were playing and marching around and I remember thinking "is this it?". But when they began to form the T, the fans got loud and Neyland Stadium came alive. I could feel it shaking under me and it was like electricity ran through my body when the VOLS came running out of the tunnel. I've never forgotten that feeling. I hope it hooks my boys like it hooked me.

*I was 10 years old.

Bob,I can clarify that game for you. It was 1972 and UT was ahead10-3 with 1:59 left in the game. UA came back with a fumble recovery X 2 {one when their future coach Mike Dubose tackled Condredge Holloway} to win the game. To this day it is still my most heartbreaking loss.
On a better note, congrats on your "girlfriend"- my wife and I have been together now for 44 years. And God IS good.

Reactions: BOB in GA
My first Vol game was also the first night game at Neyland. Vols beat Penn State in 1972. My dad and I couldn’t get tickets, so like you, we watched from the hill over the north stands until they opened the gates.

Wow you went to a heck of game for your first time. I still claim that was the best crowd I have heard. We were up big in the 3rd quarter and the fans still wanted more! It was rocking that night!
I really did. It was an amazing experience, especially at night. We were still in the thick of the BCS, at least for another week, and the crowd was definitely going that night. My first game we beat Notre Dame 38-14 at night. Pretty hard to top. Although, my first SEC game was LSU in 2001 first game played post 9/11. That was a special night as well.

Thanks, I hope they get to see a good game.

My dad took me to the opening game of the 85 season, against UCLA. I can remember us sitting about 20 rows up in the north endzone. Pregame, The Pride of the Southland Band were playing and marching around and I remember thinking "is this it?". But when they began to form the T, the fans got loud and Neyland Stadium came alive. I could feel it shaking under me and it was like electricity ran through my body when the VOLS came running out of the tunnel. I've never forgotten that feeling. I hope it hooks my boys like it hooked me.

*I was 10 years old.

I was pretty much the same way. We had Double Letter seats and I refused to try to look out on to the field walking up the concourse so I could take it all in once we got there. I had grown up going to Duke football games, so this was a complete 180 from those experiences. From that point on football became a 365 day obsession.

VN Store

Back