Have any incoming Asst. coaches been named?

Because his contract says if we don’t offer him an on the field position, we owe him $900k.

It’s probable that there is a little game of chicken happening. Hell, maybe they work it out, but I suspect that would have happened already if that were the case.
So let him hold a play sign if you don't want him for DC. To 'fire' him and then pay him $900k is idiotic. Give him a **** job and make him miserable if you don't want him. Of course for that kind of coin I could stand on my head the whole game singing the Florida fight song. I guess he is a good DC, so why not retain him as that?

Reactions: Tnslim1
@SpaceCoastVol
Naaaaah I don't buy that. Nobody would offer a contract that would pay YOU if YOU quit. Even UT isn't that stupid.

Steele’s Contract. If he quits he doesn’t get paid.

I stand corrected. I was basing my info on what I (thought) I had heard on a podcast. Obviously I was mistaken.
But I will contend that, UT, the old administration, is indeed that stupid.

That said, has anything official broke on whether he is staying or leaving?

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
You mean his two minute open buffet, score as many as you can in two minutes!

Yeah, that might be the name for it. I watched about three or four LSU games while he was there with Les Miles. Even with DBs with world class speed, that were getting picked apart unless the QB threw up a gimme.

Yeah, that might be the name for it. I watched about three or four LSU games while he was there with Les Miles. Even with DBs with world class speed, that were getting picked apart unless the QB threw up a gimme.
This brings up a question. Since PI in college is a 15 yarder, why aren't these DBs taught that if you are gonna get burned, just freaking tackle the guy. Had we done that, we would have won the BYU game.

If Burns is hired there’s nothing for Tee.

Probably right. Again, rumors, so who knows. I do know that supposedly Burns was pretty instrumental in recruiting big players at Auburn. So he may be a good one to keep.

VN Store

Back