Hats off to Carr, Freddy and Estrella

I had the thought because Edey might actually be a decent matchup for him. He’s not quick. He’s just big. Getting JP some run against him wouldn’t be the worst thing.
I thought the same thing, just keep throwing fresh big bodies at Edey and keep Aidoo out of foul trouble. Edey is just big no finesse, but a mauler. Awaka can bang with him if he doesn’t try to block his shot. Keep forcing him out and maybe Edey throws an elbow or punch and Barnes can point that out to the refs. Then Aidoo can pull him out if he can hit those small jumpers he was missing last night.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I'd like to see us pull a big, brawny post player out of the portal for next season.
We're not going to land another Dalton Knecht.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I thought the same thing, just keep throwing fresh big bodies at Edey and keep Aidoo out of foul trouble. Edey is just big no finesse, but a mauler. Awaka can bang with him if he doesn’t try to block his shot. Keep forcing him out and maybe Edey throws an elbow or punch and Barnes can point that out to the refs. Then Aidoo can pull him out if he can hit those small jumpers he was missing last night.
It certainly will be a challenge guarding Edey but Jonas MUST understand and execute the defensive plan better than he did against Creighton. I thought he played hard and wasn’t afraid to shoot but multiple times he simply got lost on defense and they threw over him at least 3 times. I agree we need to throw 15 physical fouls at him and see what happens.

Reactions: cardvolfan
It certainly will be a challenge guarding Edey but Jonas MUST understand and execute the defensive plan better than he did against Creighton. I thought he played hard and wasn’t afraid to shoot but multiple times he simply got lost on defense and they threw over him at least 3 times. I agree we need to throw 15 physical fouls at him and see what happens.
Aidoo had a tough game, but he didn’t “simply get lost on defense”. For the most part Creighton ran back picks on him to get their center those open looks. There was a couple times in the first minutes of the game where Aidoo over helped on a pick on the perimeter such that he didn’t have enough time to recover back to defend the post. Both are very different than getting lost.

He got schooled on one spin move, but he has the upside. That’s a play that won’t happen next year. I wonder if he’ll get some time against Edey.

Carr is going to be a stud.
Think that’s one reason he played last night. High probability he’s going to be needed against Purdue

Aidoo had a tough game, but he didn’t “simply get lost on defense”. For the most part Creighton ran back picks on him to get their center those open looks. There was a couple times in the first minutes of the game where Aidoo over helped on a pick on the perimeter such that he didn’t have enough time to recover back to defend the post. Both are very different than getting lost.
Yeah…those are the plays I’m referring too. Simply can’t overplay in that situation. Rick was after him pretty hard about it. To his credit ….he seemed to settle in later in the game and NOT get took out of the play like that.

Edey will most likely foul 2 of our layers out on the way to shooting 15 foul shots.

Against our weak post presence, I expect his line to read 25, 17, 5

Our hope has to be shooting 45+ from 3 pt line.

He got schooled on one spin move, but he has the upside. That’s a play that won’t happen next year. I wonder if he’ll get some time against Edey.

I don't get the Estrella hate. He got schooled as you said on one possession in a post up. Yet he forced a contested fade away on a switch.

Estrella just had to provide a few minutes and he did well.

I wouldn’t say he got schooled. He bodies up and did well for the most part. Aidoo is the one who got schooled on a consistent basis.

Carr is going to be a stud next year.

FD needs to be more cerebral in his game but has come a LONG way and having someone like ZZ there to help mentor him is huge. I like them all A LOT.

VN Store

Back