Hat or BPV bball question

I don't want Howell in the game, especially when we're looking for D as we were late last night. The FTs are a huge deal late in a tight game, but I'd rather have Ramar who can put enormous pressure on a tight M2M D. Drive and dish or finish type PGs are great late. I would have had Ramar in the game because he'll help win more than he'll lose with TOs.

If I had to guess, I'd say Pearl was worried about the FT shooting and left Howell in after the last stoppage because he knew we were going to get the ball last. I'd have made the purely defense minded decision, but that is definitely not how CBP views the world. Bottom line is: it worked, so all debate today is rendered moot.

Howell is a very good ball-handler and makes smart decisions. He does nothing flashy or breathtaking, but he knows his role on the team and runs the offense well. With the personnel that we have, he's a perfect fit at the one because he doesn't turn it over and he hits open shots. Ramar brings other things to the table which really help, but when it comes down to the end of the game I'd rather see Jordan in the game.

I don't want Howell in the game, especially when we're looking for D as we were late last night. The FTs are a huge deal late in a tight game, but I'd rather have Ramar who can put enormous pressure on a tight M2M D. Drive and dish or finish type PGs are great late. I would have had Ramar in the game because he'll help win more than he'll lose with TOs.
[/B]
In a close game its free throws that decide the outcome more often that not. Having the ball in Ramar's hands in a close game is a huge liability regardless of his other intangibles.

I don't think so. Watch the last minute of the first half and the last minute of the game. It looks as if the ball is a hot potato.

When you consider that because he isn't the quickest player it makes sense that every team is going to pressure the ball whenever he has it in his hands. He has done an admirable job getting the ball up the floor against quicker player and getting us into our offense.

VN Store

Back