Hat - I have questions

That being the case, Cal and Stanford are still alive for consideration by the NCAA selection committee...
Cal is not in contention for an at large bid. They have one path to the Tournament, win the PAC 10. Stanford is an at large lock.

Hat - new question.

I know you aren't a big fan of Rob Lewis, but at VQ today he had what I consider an excellent piece on Jason Shay and how good of a game scout he is.

What are your thoughts on Jason Shay as an assistant?

Hat - new question.

I know you aren't a big fan of Rob Lewis, but at VQ today he had what I consider an excellent piece on Jason Shay and how good of a game scout he is.

What are your thoughts on Jason Shay as an assistant?
I've never heard anything negative about Shay. By all accounts he does a wonderful job of breaking down an opponent's strengths and weaknesses.

Hat, are you a Dennis Felton fan? Does it seem to you that he's been treated unfairly? I know he's had 4 years but he's kept making progress until the things with Mercer, TK, Singleton, and Billy Humphrey. It seems like he's got some decent recruits to leave out on him(I can't remember who went pro a few years back after they had committed to UGA). It's going to be tough to win in a division with Pearl, Gillispie, and Donovan, but I think he's done a solid job with what he's inherited.

I was somewhat surprised to hear Coach Knight talk about how he didn't like conference tournaments at all as a coach on ESPN the other day. I guess he had bigger fish to fry than conference tournaments.

Hat, are you a Dennis Felton fan? Does it seem to you that he's been treated unfairly? I know he's had 4 years but he's kept making progress until the things with Mercer, TK, Singleton, and Billy Humphrey. It seems like he's got some decent recruits to leave out on him(I can't remember who went pro a few years back after they had committed to UGA). It's going to be tough to win in a division with Pearl, Gillispie, and Donovan, but I think he's done a solid job with what he's inherited.
I think Felton deserves another year. Georgia hired him to clean up their image. He's done everything he can to do that. Also, Damon Evans put the academic requirements in place that led to the suspensions of Mercer and Brown. You shouln't punish a coach for rules you make.

Hat, what do you think about Jeff Lebo at Auburn? Do you think they will give him until they get into the new arena? He definately has to be on the hot seat, the team that he put out on the floor yesterday just looked down right pitiful on defense. But, in his defense he is not cheating like some previous Auburn coaches. Whats your take?

Hat, what do you think about Jeff Lebo at Auburn? Do you think they will give him until they get into the new arena? He definately has to be on the hot seat, the team that he put out on the floor yesterday just looked down right pitiful on defense. But, in his defense he is not cheating like some previous Auburn coaches. Whats your take?
They should never have hired Lebo. Why would you want a bad coach opening a new buliding?

They should never have hired Lebo. Why would you want a bad coach opening a new buliding?
I agree with you on that. But, do you think they will show him the door or give him more time?

I got to think he gets another chance.

I agree with you on that. But, do you think they will show him the door or give him more time?

I got to think he gets another chance.
I think he gets another year, but only because there's no commitment to successful basketball at Auburn.

I think he gets another year, but only because there's no commitment to successful basketball at Auburn.
I agree 120% Auburn really pushes bball on the back-burner. What about Gottfried (sp) at Bama? How much more time are they going to give that guy? He has underachieved for years.

Hat, what do you think about Anthony Grant, Keno Davis, and Scott Drew? Will these guys be coaching in a BCS conference within the next couple of years. (I know Baylor is a Big 12 team but I think he's in store for bigger places)

I agree 120% Auburn really pushes bball on the back-burner. What about Gottfried (sp) at Bama? How much more time are they going to give that guy? He has underachieved for years.
My gut is that they'll let him have next year with Steele and a loaded recruiting class.Anything less than winning the West and reaching the Sweet 16 will spell doom.

Hat, what do you think about Anthony Grant, Keno Davis, and Scott Drew? Will these guys be coaching in a BCS conference within the next couple of years. (I know Baylor is a Big 12 team but I think he's in store for bigger places)
Grant will likely end up in the SEC next year, either at LSU or South Carolina. I'd say Davis needs a couple of more good years to make a jump. Drew fits Baylor pretty well and vice versa. I could see him staying there a long time.

VN Store

Back