Haslam Pulling Pilot Flying J Sponsorship From ESPN and SEC

KNS doing it's thing.

The ONLY news in this piece is "FJ pulls deal from ESPN/SEC 2yrs into 4 yr deal". That's ALL the news here folks. Besides some rehashed historical and personal info. It does NOT say FJ did this because of the negative Haslam article. Read this slyly worded story again and you'll see what I mean. The writer just says "it comes after" that article was published. Well, it's come after 9 million other events too. In other words, we have no idea W-H-Y Pilot/FJ exited this deal early. KNS/Gannett/USAToday can be trusted no more than Haslam or ESPN.

On a related point. If a company I was invested in had skin so thin as to pull a major marketing campaign over 1 negative article about the top shareholder's performance in another company ... I would be seriously worried about the future decision making of that company. We have zero information as to the reason for this change folks.

I'm not going to jump on the KNS' "Haslam is butt hurt" narrative bandwagon here.

KNS doing it's thing.

The ONLY news in this piece is "FJ pulls deal from ESPN/SEC 2yrs into 4 yr deal". That's ALL the news here folks. Besides some rehashed historical and personal info. It does NOT say FJ did this because of the negative Haslam article. Read this slyly worded story again and you'll see what I mean. The writer just says "it comes after" that article was published. Well, it's come after 9 million other events too. In other words, we have no idea W-H-Y Pilot/FJ exited this deal early. KNS/Gannett/USAToday can be trusted no more than Haslam or ESPN.

On a related point. If a company I was invested in had skin so thin as to pull a major marketing campaign over 1 negative article about the top shareholder's performance in another company ... I would be seriously worried about the future decision making of that company. We have zero information as to the reason for this change folks.

I'm not going to jump on the KNS' "Haslam is butt hurt" narrative bandwagon here.
I could have used a good lawyer like you when my first wife left. Lol

KNS doing it's thing.

It's a lot more than KNS reporting it...

https://deadspin.com/report-browns-...T2ZkwPT0vLPABAAAACAIAAGUJOgAAjScAAAAAAJY4AQA=

Pilot Flying J Pulls ESPN Deal After Story On Browns' Culture

His money. His choice.

If you are advertising and sponsoring an organization that does something to damage your brand... you have every right to sever the relationship.
Spot on. ESPN used to show games, scores and highlights. Now they want to be Woodward and Bernstein. If that's the way you want to roll, fine but don't be surprised if the hand stops feeding you if you bite it.

If CBS ran a negative investigation on GM does anyone think they'd say "Thanks, please double our commercials and send us a bill!"

VN Store

Back