Has Vanderbilt sports had the worst 6 months in SEC history?

BreatheUT

I see that pretty girl swag.
From preseason football players quitting. Winless in football. Added a girl to the roster as a gimmick. Head coach fired.

Now mens basketball is winless in the SEC when they are actually playing. Head coach looks like he has 1-2 years before he's gone.

Their womens basketball team has quit for the year. Head coach will probably be gone soon if they can get around the political correctness.

AD is terrible but again another PC hire after the last AD failure.

We thought we've had a bad year.

Last edited:
Sounds like typical Vandy to me.

It is kind of sad in a way, though I hate Vandy fans so it doesn't really bother me. But I do remember when playing Vandy in football, basketball, and women's basketball still seemed somewhat important. I was just a kid but even in the 80s the Vandy game seemed like an event and while Vandy wasn't good they still would usually seem to get up for the UT game and back then Vandy still had a decent fanbase. And playing Vandy in basketball used to be an even bigger deal because playing at Memorial used to be an almost automatic L for everyone. Winning in Memorial used to be almost as special as winning at Rupp. Now it's pretty much a "meh". The Lady Vols used to have them as a great SEC rival but now Vandy haven't been the NCAAT in 7 years.

The changing landscape of college sports combined with the growth of the SEC and Nashville becoming a pro sports town has pretty much killed Vandy sports. I know they have baseball but I don't know of many P5 schools where baseball is THE sport. If Nashville succeeds in getting an MLB team that will probably really hurt Vandy baseball as well.

Over the last 15 years I’ve just tried to take a deep breath and tell myself, “It could be worse. We could be Vanderbilt.”

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back