Has paying players legally changed your

I marvel at the denial that many seem to be in about this. Whether it’s creative Pell Grants or under the table, it’s been happening since at least the 80s and probably longer.
It didn't happen in 98 though. Only clean year since then. :D:p:cool:

I know. I'm trying not to sound too old lol.

Brother, I'm 50 and you've been here 3 years longer than me. Even if you were BORN on the day you joined you'd almost be a legal adult! You can no longer hide your "seniority" LMAO!

Excitement & desire to follow Tennessee football this coming season?

I'm all for reasonable amount given to athletes but the unlimited amount just ruins the feeling of college sports going forward. Turns it into who has the most money & best marketing programs for players
Soooo how much does the #1 recruiting class cost now???

Reactions: feathersax

I'm all for reasonable amount given to athletes but the unlimited amount just ruins the feeling of college sports going forward. Turns it into who has the most money & best marketing programs for players

Changes nothing for me. Targeting was the stake driven through it's heart for me. Hope the Vols do well still, but players making money using name image and likeness will not cause me to buy or not to buy anything. If it does for anyone else? Up to them.

Well instead of we have a great program and beautiful university it will be we have a ton of endorsements to introduce you to.

There must be a collective bargaining agreement, whether it be national or conference wide, there has to be a protection against exactly what you stated.

Otherwise athletes who run track, play softball, or play soccer and devote an equal amount of their time to being an athlete as well as a student won’t be compensated fairly for their time. And yes, college soccer players should get more than the federal minimum wage - there is plenty money to go around for this.

Makes me think that sports programs have operated at such a profit because they weren’t paying athletes, and if it isn’t a tax-free profit then how will the funding and budgeting of athletic departments change due to this. All questions that are looking for answers in the near future.
Wrong and wrong - soccer programs will be dropped as soon as possible along with many other sports and there isn’t a bunch of
money floating around. Non revenue sports - negative cash flow sports - see ya.

200.gif

VN Store

Back