Has it occurred to anyone...

It won't be Cooter. The NFL pays well and the NFL offers a retirement. Cooter will remain in NFL and be a head coach at some point. Remember when we were talking to Lovie Smith about becoming our coach? He had to do one more season in the NFL before he could be eligible for an NFL retirement. He was fired after that and coached at U of Illinois.
Doudt Cooter leaves the NFL when he is now a coordinator and just waiting on a head coaching job.
Lions coaching staff is on the hot seat. Doubt they boot Patricia after one season, but any assistant is fair game.

Reactions: peaygolf and Remy
.....that it’s Peyton! Peyton is going to dice up SEC defenses like an onion!

I can confirm ... it is Peyton. Just saw him get into a car with PF and JP with my own eyes. His plane landed 18 minutes ago at TYS. The snag was getting out of the pizza contract!

As long as we know who it is before the season starts we'll be ok.

No, we won't... Because the #1 most important factor in building a successful football program is recruiting. Recruits choose a school based on a number of factors, but the coaching staff is usually one of their top considerations. If we don't know until the season starts, that means recruits won't know until the season starts either. How many offensive recruits do you think will sign with a team who has no offensive coordinator? Not many.

Technically "we" don't ever need to know... But recruits need to know asap so they can make a decision before the early signing period/NSD. In order for recruits to know, the information needs to be made public.

So yes, it is important that we know...

that Pruitt already has his guy? I mean after-all, he's in Memphis today recruiting. Bailey committed and Maurer said he isn't supposed to say anything and he knows and was reassured when Pruitt visited him last week.

Didn't our old AD have his man to be the Head Coach in much the same fashion as you are describing here ? How did that turn out again ?

Reactions: Devo182
Schiano told him about the great facilities and how warm and welcoming Volunteer fans are.
Schiano told him about the great facilities and how warm and welcoming Volunteer fans are.
Kinda strange to me that Ohio State has had 2 chances to promote Schiano to the head position, but yet they passed over him both times. I thought he was a great coach....what happened?

il_570xN.1421670137_b1hc.jpg

Why do we want to hire Freeze as our next OC, if he signs, has a good year as OC, he will be gone next year for some other HC job. Lets not go through this "song and dance" each year!

Pure speculation. Not a single credible mod has even hinted at such. And how many pros move down to college? And with Pruitt's connections, more likely it is a hs guy than pro...

This, I think it's spot on. Propst has a playoff (championship?) game on December 12...If he is in play, might be the reason for delay. Things that make you go, hmmmm🤔!

Why do we want to hire Freeze as our next OC, if he signs, has a good year as OC, he will be gone next year for some other HC job. Lets not go through this "song and dance" each year!

That never EVER seems to matter to Bama. You have a weird, beta mentality. So what if he leaves? Just go hire next years' Freeze. Thats how you do it.

Reactions: Remy
It won't be Cooter. The NFL pays well and the NFL offers a retirement. Cooter will remain in NFL and be a head coach at some point. Remember when we were talking to Lovie Smith about becoming our coach? He had to do one more season in the NFL before he could be eligible for an NFL retirement. He was fired after that and coached at U of Illinois.
Doudt Cooter leaves the NFL when he is now a coordinator and just waiting on a head coaching job.
I for one am a huge fan of Cooter . I can’t get enough

I would agree. Just don’t see how having a guy but not announcing it helps TN in any way. If anything it helps bama if it’s Enos.

We don’t have a guy. I reached out. Yes, interviews have happened. But the position is not filled.

Which sucks!

Why does Tennesse screw this up every time???

that Pruitt already has his guy? I mean after-all, he's in Memphis today recruiting. Bailey committed and Maurer said he isn't supposed to say anything and he knows and was reassured when Pruitt visited him last week.

I'm convinced more and more that Hugh Freeze has been hired. Bailey commitment, Gray's decommitment, the meeting last week, Lindsey going to Kansas, Locksley going to Maryland and the fact that JP has really not interviewed anyone else. I believe he's waiting on SEC to approve Freeze, so he's now out recruiting rather than interviewing people!

JMHO

Reactions: tbones0711
We don’t have a guy. I reached out. Yes, interviews have happened. But the position is not filled.

Which sucks!

Why does Tennesse screw this up every time???

Is UT screwing up or just being turned down.
The fat girl in high school that can’t get a date for prom didn’t screw up, she was just to ugly to get a date.

Lot of truth to be gleaned from that stance, but Freeze would substantially improve the product...short term as it may be. You can build on recruiting and the next guy would have a smaller hill to climb. But plenty of successful to super power teams have made their coordinators into those type of coaches in quick fashion. Tony Elliott to be specific. And that was following a similar arc by Chad Morris, who established Clemson’s offensive blueprint in four short years after being hired away from one season at Tulsa after being a high school lifer. I’m going to wait until after the results so the bodies that jumped before will have cleanly washed away. 😎

AV doesn’t know either. All just speculation. You cant say it’s done then all the sudden things change the next day. That’s a popular run around for “insiders”
AMEN! But people worship the ground he walks on. And i've never once heard him explain what happened when he's wrong. He's just guessing like the rest of us

I heard they were going to announce today but Urban Meyer stole the headline for the day so we have to wait again.

VN Store

Back