Has it occurred to anyone...

I firmly believe are fans enjoy the drama these days more than the process.
The fanbase has been burned by the process time after time, enter the drama.

Watch it with those process statements, the board might mistake you for Butch.

We are all talking about Pruitt, I think Phillip must be careful not to follow the path of his predecessor. We aren’t being turned down by every coach out there, we aren’t running around In desperation mode. We aren’t securing pay raises for other coaches at prominent programs. WE ARE DOING WHAT GOOD PROGRAMS DO, KEEPING YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

We are all talking about Pruitt, I think Phillip must be careful not to follow the path of his predecessor. We aren’t being turned down by every coach out there, we aren’t running around In desperation mode. We aren’t securing pay raises for other coaches at prominent programs. WE ARE DOING WHAT GOOD PROGRAMS DO, KEEPING YOUR MOUTH SHUT.
Bingo. Unfortunately, some can't handle it and are squealing like pigs in a blanket for an answer.

Reactions: tnktm and BDP!
It has occurred to me that our program is a joke. It has also occurred to me that UT will never be in contention of a NC in football again. Our administration has proved this over the last 4 hires that football is not their main focus. It is very apparent that they are unwilling to cut the strings and let the AD and HC make the calls. From a lot of the reports now about whatever happened 20 years ago that every other school has put to rest shows me exactly what our admins are worried about. They are worried about looking good and having higher morals. They are more worried about keeping up with everyone rather than beating everyone.

I have said this numerous times. Pruitt will either get to make his own calls and get what he wants or he will be out. Someone said "yeah he will be fired in 4 years". That is quite possible. Remind yourself of the Jones years though. He came in with some fire and left beaten and defeated. His final two years you could see a difference in his enthusiasm. I am by no means taking up for the guy. Although look back and tell me that he didn't put a halfassed effort into recruiting as well as coaching the final two seasons compared to when he was first hired? Same thing that happened with Dooley as well. Our 2 deep roster is proof enough. Jones brought in enough highly rated skill star players to boost the rankings yet didn't fill the gaps in the trenches.
Then I guess you need to find a less funny team.

Reactions: BDP! and igotworms
I agree with some posters that suggest he could be waiting for NFL season to end so this thing could easily drag on through January.

I agree with some posters that suggest he could be waiting for NFL season to end so this thing could easily drag on through January.

Pure speculation. Not a single credible mod has even hinted at such. And how many pros move down to college? And with Pruitt's connections, more likely it is a hs guy than pro...

Or perhaps the new OC is still coaching (NFL)? I mean know one knows anything. This whole Freeze chaos is because the fans made it into one. Not once has Pruitt come out and said Freeze is our number one candidate. Everything is hearsay.

Jim Bob Cooter?

Agreed, how long do you think a 18 kid can keep a secret. 10/15 mins?
Just a flat lie. Mauer never said he was told. Even if pruitt has a guy, hes not dumb. Yeah lets tell a 17yo lolol.

These people dont get recruiting. You go and tell guys like Mauer and Bailey "we got this, trust me"...that IS recruiting.

Pure speculation. Not a single credible mod has even hinted at such. And how many pros move down to college? And with Pruitt's connections, more likely it is a hs guy than pro...

This is the only reason people are thinking it's Kitchens.

Kitchens/Friend/Pruitt were roommates in college and Kitchens isn't likely to be retained by the incoming staff on the Browns. If he wants to return to college ball, now is the time.

I doubt he makes the drop, though. He's got a rookie QB and a 2nd year RB balling out and the WR corps is pretty much filled with no-names.

I also think Jim Bob Cooter stays in the NFL. I think most GMs will see the Lions stagnation as not being JBC's fault. Lions haven't prioritized offensive players over the last 2-3 draft cycles and Stafford, who was never elite, is getting old. They lost to IR or traded away their best WRs.

VN Store

Back