Harsh truth

The cultural reboot of this program will take years to complete. The in state recruiting is a tough pull for us right now. Heupel has been described as a genuinely nice guy. Maybe that’ll help mend some fences, as the last 4 coaches were all very arrogant in one way or the other.
Please describe your interaction with the previous 4 coaches that convinced you that they were very arrogant? How well did you know them? Are you that big of a donor to have had any interaction with all 4 coaches? Or are you just repeating some trash you read on a fan forum??
Perhaps the 4 previous coaches hurt your widdle fewings by ignoring your "Hey, Coach" and leaving your high five hanging during the Vol walk.
Forming an opinion on a man's character that you do not know is nonsense.
Basing your opinion on what is posted on a fan forum is sheer stupidity.

I’m not all in on the coaching hire. Who was really going to take this job. We’ve been garbage for 15 years, run through head and assistant coaches more then you can count, about to be destroyed with sanctions. Why would and big name coach come here?
ie: this isn’t the 90s, forget about that, we are the bad news beads of the SEC.
Given that information above. Who would have actually taken this job?

tenor.gif

Last edited:
The way Georgia State beat Pruitt, I wonder what UCF would have done to us on that day? Pruitt could not field a decent team. I may eat these words, but I can't see how CJH could put a worse product on the field that what Pruitt gave us.

The way Georgia State beat Pruitt, I wonder what UCF would have done to us on that day? Pruitt could not field a decent team. I may eat these words, but I can't see how CJH could put a worse product on the field that what Pruitt gave us.
Look back at the end of the 19 season.
Pruitt was hyped by some as the next General.
Big win streak against cupcakes and bottom feeders impressed a LOT of posters on here. Pruitt's team the best in decades.
Dark horse for the East in 2020.
Pruitt never had the roster to field a good team that could keep from getting curb stomped.
New Coach does not either.
Whether he is given enough time to try to recruit top players remains to be seen.
History says he will not.

Please describe your interaction with the previous 4 coaches that convinced you that they were very arrogant? How well did you know them? Are you that big of a donor to have had any interaction with all 4 coaches? Or are you just repeating some trash you read on a fan forum??
Perhaps the 4 previous coaches hurt your widdle fewings by ignoring your "Hey, Coach" and leaving your high five hanging during the Vol walk.
Forming an opinion on a man's character that you do not know is nonsense.
Basing your opinion on what is posted on a fan forum is sheer stupidity.
Stupidity? Hold my coffee...Stupidity is thinking my opinion is based on what folks on a message board - including enlightened Jackholes like you - tell us. I get my opinion from local and National media and former players/coaches. Maybe one of those coaches I commented on are your friends. But they’re not my friend, and they each managed to leave the program in worse shape.

Kiffin was arrogant because he put USC photos and videos in the football building, and rebuffed the players and AD’s request to take those down.

Dooley was arrogant because he didn’t want former (successful) players around the program. Jerrod Mayo recently mentioned that he couldn’t lift weights in the training center.

Butch was arrogant because he defended his “infallible” offense despite the fact he won ONE SEC game without Dobbs as starter. He told the media he had a list of every doubter in his back pocket. He famously told people to be excited because we got to 8 wins. And remember the “f*** em” lip reading to the fans when they booed him?

Pruitt was arrogant because he had never been a head coach - not even in High School - yet insisted on micromanaging every assistant coach. Maybe you’re not aware of the report where Pruitt called offensive plays at Vandy with a bowl game on the line. He treated VFL Terry Fair like garbage, which came out on The Drive this week. He fired a coach before a game in front of the team. Then insisted on coaching the position group for 2 months.

Not only are these coaches arrogant, but you are too. Maybe you can read ‘Decade of Dysfunction’ and ‘Empowered’ and learn a little something.

Last edited:
Stupidity? Hold my coffee...Stupidity is thinking my opinion is based on what folks on a message board - including enlightened Jackholes like you - tell us. I get my opinion from local and National media and former players/coaches. Maybe one of those coaches I commented on are your friends. But they’re not my friend, and they each managed to leave the program in worse shape.

Kiffin was arrogant because he put USC photos and videos in the football building, and rebuffed the players and AD’s request to take those down.

Dooley was arrogant because he didn’t want former (successful) players around the program. Jerrod Mayo recently mentioned that he couldn’t lift weights in the training center.

Butch was arrogant because he defended his “infallible” offense despite the fact he won ONE SEC game without Dobbs as starter. He told the media he had a list of every doubter in his back pocket. He famously told people to be excited because we got to 8 wins. And remember the “f*** em” lip reading to the fans when they booed him?

Pruitt was arrogant because he had never been a head coach - not even in High School - yet insisted on micromanaging every assistant coach. Maybe you’re not aware of the report where Pruitt called offensive plays at Vandy with a bowl game on the line. He treated VFL Terry Fair like garbage, which came out on The Drive this week. He fired a coach before a game in front of the team. Then insisted on coaching the position group for 2 months.

Not only are these coaches arrogant, but you are too. Maybe you can read ‘Decade of Dysfunction’ and ‘Empowered’ and learn a little something.
As I thought, you pass judgement on people you do not know.

I'm going to try to be positive and optimistic. So, let's kick some butts, castrate the opponents, and then date their good looking girlfriends...... if they have any.

I’m not all in on the coaching hire. Who was really going to take this job. We’ve been garbage for 15 years, run through head and assistant coaches more then you can count, about to be destroyed with sanctions. Why would and big name coach come here?
ie: this isn’t the 90s, forget about that, we are the bad news beads of the SEC.
Given that information above. Who would have actually taken this job?
“Bad news beads”? Sounds like something you pay extra for in Thailand....

As I thought, you pass judgement on people you do not know.
I was called stupid, as if nothing I just wrote is true. Which one of these coaches are you vouching for? You can be an ass if you win. But when you aren’t winning on the field, the stories will find their way into the public.

Look back at the end of the 19 season.
Pruitt was hyped by some as the next General.
Big win streak against cupcakes and bottom feeders impressed a LOT of posters on here. Pruitt's team the best in decades.
Dark horse for the East in 2020.
Pruitt never had the roster to field a good team that could keep from getting curb stomped.
New Coach does not either.
Whether he is given enough time to try to recruit top players remains to be seen.
History says he will not.

5th or 6th in the SEC East will mark the Vols high mark for several years?
A really good QB could brighten UT’s future, however

And the other harsh truth is everybody is better and it's much, much harder to win. Back then there were a few good teams. The entire Western SEC totally sucked. It was us and UF. Even still we barely beat the other teams even though most were barely interested in football.

Yep & Spurrier was the only top notch coach in the conference then, The rest were journeyman coaches and/or mediocre.

I think we are all on the same page here. One of the better hires, given the circumstances. Should be an exciting offense. GBO

VN Store

Back