Harsh truth

JustinVol

I’m not all in on the coaching hire. Who was really going to take this job. We’ve been garbage for 15 years, run through head and assistant coaches more then you can count, about to be destroyed with sanctions. Why would and big name coach come here?
ie: this isn’t the 90s, forget about that, we are the bad news beads of the SEC.
Given that information above. Who would have actually taken this job?

I’m not all in on the coaching hire. Who was really going to take this job. We’ve been garbage for 15 years, run through head and assistant coaches more then you can count, about to be destroyed with sanctions. Why would and big name coach come here?
ie: this isn’t the 90s, forget about that, we are the bad news beads of the SEC.

This has been hashed out 1000 times already on this board. Franklin was offered the job and he wanted ridiculous money. Outside of that, give CJH a chance, you never know what can happen. I will guarantee you one thing: This offense is about to more explosive than it has in years and it should be a lot of fun to watch.

Another one of the numerous threads saying the same sh*t since Coach Heupel was hired! Go root for Alabama,Georgia,Florida or Clemson it sounds like you aren't much of a Tennessee fan.

giphy (50).gif

blue-mountain-state-04-coach-marty-daniels.jpg

It is what it is. I'm gonna hope for the best, but I can't get away from the gut feeling that Heupel is going to be another 3-4 year disappointment. I hope I'm wrong.
We may just need a bridge to get us over these sanctions and the uncertainty. Danny White is going to get a second bite at the apple IMO, and I bet his second hire will be better.

Coach Bobby Hill is the coach we need right now, not the coach we deserve. We are all ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Fans in our hearts, but that isn't going to do us any good.

I might be in the verbal minority here, but I think that Heupel is actually going to do some great things. We might not end up winning the SEC and competing in the National Championship, but I think we will come close and make Tennessee Football enjoyable to watch again.

The harsh truth is, it isn’t the 90’s and if we were the same as the 90’s we’d still be getting our brains beat out! The game has changed and we stuck with a defensive Fulmer clone that wants to run an archaic offense. We have for a change an offensive guru that’s put up great numbers everywhere he’s been, and put 50 points on us in 2016 at Mizzou, and all some want to do is bitch and live in the past. Unbelievable!

If they are garbage then why waste your time, surely someone as wise as you would have better things to do, or maybe not

If you want to help the UT Football Program succeed, find another team to be a fan of. That is the Harsh Truth

It is what it is. I'm gonna hope for the best, but I can't get away from the gut feeling that Heupel is going to be another 3-4 year disappointment. I hope I'm wrong.

So you feel no matter what sanctions or punishments NCAA hands down, if he isnt winning in 3 years he should be replaced?

The Bad News Wampum

I'm not "all in" on this hire either. One thing that makes me feel a little better is that we should see some measure of improvement. Last year, a Heupel led UCF team with his band of 2-3 stars and his weak defense would have beat our eyes shut this year and possibly last year as well. He should be an upgrade from cornbread, I just don't know how much at this point.

VN Store

Back